May or June

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Peter Fransiscus

Be a Rainbow in someone else's cloud.
Jul 5, 2014
Netherlands
Time of past OR future Camino
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Hello! My family are planning on walking Camion Ingles in 2017. After looking at average rainfall for May, I'm wondering if we should wait until June or July. I walked it last year in June and it was very wet. Has any of you walked it in May?
Hi Susan, you can't predict the weather.
It is what it is.

Wish you well, Peter.

Reactions: Annette london
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Jun 16, 2009
UK
camino-primitivo-2012.blogspot.co.uk
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
We have walked this twice in May (2011 and 2015) and the weather was good. We did have two short thundery showers in 2011 but both times happened to be inside having a meal. The walking temperature was good both years. For us I think June and later could have been too hot, and 2013 was a bad year. May has spring flowers and a freshness that is lovely IMO.

Larazet

Jul 9, 2012
Gers SW France
Camino Frances "2013" had to stop half way due to tendonitis ... Continuing May 2014..postponed to 2015. SdC to Muxia 2016.
Those who walked in May of 2013 will tell you it can be a nightmare. Those who walked in other years may tell you it was glorious. You take a chance.
Yes, I walked in May 2013 - it was awful, (especially attending to one's needs in a hurry before anyone came, behind a bush with sodden gloves, squelching boots and wet trousers that stuck to your legs) it really tested ones reserves!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Stephen Nicholls

Steve Nicholls, Suffolk, U.K.
Jul 26, 2011
Suffolk, U.K.
snicholl5.wix.com
Too many caminos to list in the permitted 100 characters!!
Susan - as you can see, you take a chance ... on ANY month.
I walked both 'legs' of the Ingles, had a wonderful time, and don't remember any rain at all!
Personally, I wouldn't walk in June unless you're happy with 30+ deg. Late April or May is better - for me!
Whatever you decide, buen camino!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tia Valeria

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! Excited first time pilgrim here, flying into A Coruña and starting in Ferrol end of May. I have a lot of questions, so any thoughts from recent experiences are welcome! - Not sure my...
I fly to A Coruña this Wednesday to start walking from Ferrol on Thursday (yes I've packed all the waterproofs 🫣)... I was planning on using the same pilgrim passport that I used on the St James'...
I'll be flying into A Coruña this Monday along with my mother and husband, and I haven't quite figured out how to catch the bus from A Coruña to Ferrol. From what I gather, one must take a bus...
Hi everyone, Planning for our first Camino is going well, we've booked flights, most of the accommodation to suit our Camino but I'm getting a little stuck when it comes to Presedo. As most of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.