• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Midwest, Disney, & So Many Questions...

Livingscripthoot

Time of past OR future Camino
(2014)
Doctor Who, IT Crowd, Waltons, folk music, nonfiction, traveling, writing, coffee, Sacred Harp, religion, laughing. These are just a couple of things I am interested in. Hey, I'm Crystal...
I'm 27 and about to finish my degree in Anthropology. I spend a few months out of the year working at Walt Disney World in Florida, USA. And to be honest I'm kind of interested in everything. My life sounds way more interesting then it really is. 90% of the time I am at home watching old reruns and trying to make plans for "tomorrow". I have an opinion on everything, but doesn't everyone? Okay, I'll slow up on my interest, this is starting to sound like a dating ad. I love learning new things but only on my own terms but when it comes to hiking and the Camino I am beyond open to mentoring and being taught.
I've always loved just picking up and walking for hours on end but haven't done it in a very long time. I've been not living life but fighting it for the past few years and I know a lot of it has to deal with being inactive and a disconnect with being in nature. I went to a wonderful hippie school in North Carolina that peaked my interest in true hiking. Then I saw The Way (yeah I'm one of those people) and learned about the Camino. So, I've read a few books and watched a few movies and I am going to start slowly training and working my way up to walking the Camino. I'm going to start walking around my neighborhood and getting into basic shape then doing longer walks with my pack on and full and with my shoes. I'm not sure when I'll be able save up enough financially to start doing trails here in the Midwest but I'm hoping soon.
If any of you are open to chatting with me and giving me pointers I would be ever so grateful. I need to know everything!!!! I'm looking for a good backpack right now as a starting point and am so frustrated. I look forward to getting to know ya'll and learning alot.
Crystal

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Welcome Crystal!

This forum is a great knowledge base with lots of experienced pilgrims, walkers, hikers and more offering advice, and lots of people new to everything asking lots of good questions. I'm sure you'll find everything you need here and everyone to be very helpful.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Gay, I’m new to the forum as I’m walking my first Camino, the Camino Ingles beginning the 20th of June 2024 and wondering if there are any AA meetings along that route
Hi walking the Norte starting in late August. Would appreciate hearing from anyone else who has/is starting in August.
Hi, I’m new to the group as I’m finally hiking my first El Camino this month, El Camino Ingles, beginning June 21, 2024
Hello, my name is Wendy and I walked the Camino Primitivo in September 2022 and I’m planning to walk the full Camino Portugues from Lisbon to Santiago beginning September 7, 2024, in honor of my...
Hello! I and my friend Cecilia will walk Camino Ingles with start 4th of October. We are so excited to our first but not last Camino. Buen Camino to all of you.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back