• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New Camino documentary

Have heard about the movie, but only just picked up on the fact it is now available. As I'm one of life's great technophobes, does anyone know where this can be purchased in the UK (in English language) - preferably as a DVD, but I'd settle for a download if not!

Many thanks in advance!

Julio :)

I have the DVD direct from the USA bought it on their web site, and received it in November in English language ( But I suspect you mean the correct region to play in UK?) well mine plays on both our TVs and the DVD player also the advert does say all regions.:)
Great Doc I loved it

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
A selection of Camino Jewellery
I downloaded the film last night, only heard of it through this Forum so thank you all.
It is very very good, really captures the essence of the Camino, if that was possible at all.

I can watch it on my desk top with subtitles but when we tried to transfer it to the big screen- no subtitles!! :-(

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Have heard about the movie, but only just picked up on the fact it is now available. As I'm one of life's great technophobes, does anyone know where this can be purchased in the UK (in English language) - preferably as a DVD, but I'd settle for a download if not!

Many thanks in advance!

Hi Julio (and all!),

The documentary will be available to be shipped from the Camino de Santiago Forum store in Santiago de Compostela, Spain starting on December 16th - you can pre-order it now by going to their website:
bit.ly/CaminoForum

This is the closest you'll be able to get the documentary in the UK right now, the other option is to order it to be shipped from the West Coast of the USA in Portland, Oregon :)

Please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions!
buen camino,

Maggie

Marketing & Outreach Director
Walking the Camino: Six Ways to Santiago

I can watch it on my desk top with subtitles but when we tried to transfer it to the big screen- no subtitles!! :-(

I'm so sorry about that! If you email our business manager Adam McAree at camino.central@gmail.com he should be able to help you resolve the issue, or at least point you in the right direction of the people who can help resolve it. I'm thinking it might be the online streaming company that would have the answer but you can try Adam first.

Thanks for your support!

buen camino,
Maggie

Marketing & Outreach Director

Finally watched it last night. I'm not usually a fan of blu-ray, but it absolutely pops on blu-ray

The movie was very well done. I'd say it rivals Saint Jacque-Le Mecc (sp?) for best camino film.

Really well done. It's best decision is to not try to give a "true" pilgrimage account, nor to worry if all of the visuals are in chronological/actual order......and, instead, to tell a great story. A story that does manage to really make you want to put your boots on and start camino-ing again ASAP

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Our son has just given it to us as a Christmas present with strict instructions that we are not to open it until Christmas day. Just not fair, we are adults so we should be able to watch it whenever we want.

Our son has just given it to us as a Christmas present with strict instructions that we are not to open it until Christmas day. Just not fair, we are adults so we should be able to watch it whenever we want.
If you open it before Christmas you will be put on the Naughty List. :):)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Does anyone know if this will be available to buy on DVD?
I got a copy for Christmas.

No review from me! It does show the good and bad in each pilgrim, just like life (and the Camino). See it for yourself...

Many thanks in advance!

Hi Julio!

Right now, the closest you can get the documentary in the UK is the Camino de Santiago Forum Shop, which ships from Santiago de Compostela. Below is the link to the item in the online shop:
http://www.santiagodecompostela.me/...order-walking-the-camino-six-ways-to-santiago

We are hoping to sell it soon through the Cofraternity of St. James's bookshop, but we aren't quite there yet, so this the best option to get a copy of the DVD in your hands :)

Please let me know if you have any other questions! Many thanks!

buen camino,

Maggie Cech
Marketing + Outreach Director

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
There is no way I can download the subtitles files.

They haven't sent this to .

Hi Al,

My apologies for the delayed response. If you send us an email at caminodoc@gmail.com, we will send you an email with instructions for how to get the subtitles (if you haven't already).

Many thanks and buen camino,

Maggie

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Rom (Ultreia gîte, Moissac, on the Le Puy route) highly recommended this DVD to me. Saw the trailer linked to via Ivar's shop, and was hooked. Have ordered it and look forward to it reaching New Zealand. And I know a few others who will enjoy seeing it as well.
Margaret

Does anyone know if this will be available to buy on DVD?
Hi Stephen,

I'm not sure if I ever answered your question so I figured I would respond at any rate! The documentary is now available for purchase on DVD from our website: http://caminodocumentary.org/buy-the-film/ ... please let me know if you have any questions!

Buen camino,
Maggie

Maggie Cech
Marketing Director

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Confused....I thought it was available through Ivar in Europe?
It is available from the Camino de Santiago forum to ship from Santiago de Compostela in addition to being available on our website. The DVD price is the same on both sites; the main difference is where the product ships from but also on our website we have the BluRay version of the film as well as the DVD Combo Pack which includes a DVD with 2+ hours of bonus materials footage - neither of those film products are available on the Forum store, only the DVD. I hope that helps to clarify it!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Just tried to buy it online. (download version)

And got the response "not available in your country or region or something to that effect" :(

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
We all had those 'silver' moments, some, me!, more then once! SY

This documentary is the reason I am doing the Camino this June (2014). Lydia also spoke at the showing I saw in California. I was hooked...
Probably would have been better if I watched this vs. "The Way" While not a bad movie and it did introduce me to the Camino, just from the clips (going to get the DVD), I think it'll better prepare me (as I didn't get too far) and it will allow me to remember the beautiful scenery I did pass.

Probably would have been better if I watched this vs. "The Way" While not a bad movie and it did introduce me to the Camino, just from the clips (going to get the DVD), I think it'll better prepare me (as I didn't get too far) and it will allow me to remember the beautiful scenery I did pass.
'The Way' gets you excited about going and 'Six Ways to Santiago' shows what really to expect when you're there. For a Hollywood movie, I think 'The Way' does a decent job, and I think 'Six Ways...' does an outstanding job.

You are right, jmcarp. If it wasn't for "The Way" I would never have known about the Camino. I liked the movie, but I think I am really going to like the Six Ways.

Hi Camino friends!

I wanted to let you know that we are doing a survey right now for the next week to get feedback on what kind of content and information about the Camino de Santiago you'd like to see us post on our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Email Newsletter etc. If you feel so inclined as to give us some feedback we would be so grateful! :)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YourCaminoFeedback

Wishing you a wonderful weekend! Buen Camino now and always!
Maggie

Social Media + Marketing / Walking the Camino: Six Ways to Santiago

Hi Camino friends!

I wanted to let you know that we are doing a survey right now for the next week to get feedback on what kind of content and information about the Camino de Santiago you'd like to see us post on our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Email Newsletter etc. If you feel so inclined as to give us some feedback we would be so grateful! :)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YourCaminoFeedback

Wishing you a wonderful weekend! Buen Camino now and always!
Maggie

Social Media + Marketing / Walking the Camino: Six Ways to Santiago

I am teaching a social media and emarketing class at the end of next month at the local Tech College. I would really appreciate it if you would share your survey results when completed.

I just chatted with an Amazon rep, and he said the only way I can buy is just instant video stored in the cloud, in other words, no DVD is sent.

Most read last week in this forum

Zubiri was full early yesterday (by 2:30, according to some pilgrims who came to Pamplona today), but Zubiri opened up a municipal building just past the town for some pilgrims to sleep on the...
My friend is trying to figure out bookings/lodging. She started in SJPDP Friday, ended up walking the Winter route to Roncesvalles in one day, only to find no bed so bused back to SJPDP to sleep...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
Within the past few hours there have been two stories on local news media reporting that the Guardia Civil have been successful in returning lost passports to pilgrims. One in Najera, the other in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back