• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Newbie peregrino

Woolydave

Time of past OR future Camino
April 2024
Hello and Buen Camino to all. I am planning my first Camino next April but only have 6 - 7 days to do because of work and family comitments. I have heard the last "official" section on CF from Sarria to SDC is very busy and may pose some issues for accomodation, reflective walking, etc. I am thinking of maybe starting off at SJPDP then finish at Estella, as it may be quiter and provide less stress for accomodation. I'm assuming this will not qualify for the Compastela? I'm not too bothered if it doesnt as I do plan to complete the whole walk at some stage in the next 15 years :) . Thanks!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I have heard the last "official" section on CF from Sarria to SDC is very busy and may pose some issues for accomodation, reflective walking, etc.
Unfortunately, so many people "have heard" only half the story. The section from Sarria (there is no "official" section) is NOT very busy in April (except for Holy Week leading to Easter Sunday). It is very busy in August.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
That's correct. If you want a Compostela you could consider walking the Camino Inglés, you can easily do that in 6-7 days and that would qualify for a Compostela.

Buen Camino!
And its a very nice walk

Thanks, the Camino Inglés sounds interesting. I spent most of my time researching the Frances and forgot to look at the others, thankg again.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I agree with walking the Camino Ingles. There is something nice about completing a whole Camino and finishing in Santiago. It will give you a chance to experience Camino life which will inform your future plans. You will meet plenty of other Pilgrims but no bicigrinos as it's too short for them. It might be short but it's certainly not a 'walk in the park', there are plenty of hills. Plus some lovely towns, countryside, sea views, even a beach. Hmm...happy memories.

As @J Willhaus has mentioned, the end of the Camino Sanabres, beginning in Ourense would be ideal. It would be plenty challenging, varied, and fit nicely into your time frame. This route also has the added benefit of its relative (to the Francés from Sarria) lack of crowds.
Whatever you choose, buen Camino.

Paul

Take a peek at the Camino Portuguese starting from Valenca, Portugal across the river from Tui. There are several ALSA direct buses there from Santiago. The Variante Espiritual on this Camino has one of the most gorgeous stages leaving Armenteira that takes you walking along green woods along the river with multiple waterfalls. Incredible. Very doable 6-7d.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.