Parador special

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3000

Possibly worth a try:

Tarifa especial Peregrinos del Camino de Santiago
Oferta exclusiva para los peregrinos acreditados que hacen el Camino de Santiago. Desayuno buffet incluido.
Desde 14/04/2014 hasta 29/12/2014
  • inShare7
camino.jpg

desde
42,50€

El Camino de Santiago es mágico. Su cultura, su gente, su entorno, su gastronomía, son únicos.

Realizar, al menos una etapa del Camino de Santiago es una experiencia que todos debemos intentar en algún momento de nuestra vida.

Desde Paradores queremos ayudar a los peregrinos con una tarifa especial. Una tarifa del 15% sobre el precio del alojamiento y desayuno, que da la oportunidad de descanar en un Parador, y reponer fuerzas con un descuento del 10% en el restaurante. Todo ello con el servicio de calidad y la garantía de Paradores,

Tan sólo necesitas acreditar tu condición de peregrino con tu credencial oficial.

Condiciones y detalles de tarifa

Oferta exclusiva para Peregrinos del Camino de Santiago y estancias en régimen de alojamiento y desayuno, hasta el 29 de diciembre de 2014.

Observaciones:
  • Es imprescindible realizar reserva previa.
  • En el caso del Parador de Santo Domingo Bernardo de Fresneda el desayuno es a la carta.
Condiciones generales
  • Para beneficiarte de las condiciones de esta oferta es necesario haber efectuado reserva de esta promoción, indicando que deseas acogerte a ella, con anterioridad a tu llegada al Parador.
  • Esta promoción no es acumulable a otro tipo de descuentos o precios especiales y está sujeta a un número limitado de habitaciones.
  • El calendario de aplicación está sujeto a posibles cambios sin previo aviso.
  • Los precios consignados incluyen los impuestos aplicables por ley en la fecha de publicación. Cualquier variación en los conceptos, bases o tipos tributarios aplicables, dará lugar a su consiguiente repercusión en el precio final del servicio, en la fecha en que el mismo se preste.
http://www.parador.es/es/ofertas/normal/tarifa-especial-peregrinos-del-camino-de-santiago

Reactions: Tamas
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

taozenqi

Sep 4, 2013
Sacramento Mtns., NM
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances: Sept/Oct (2014)
In English for the Español challenged like myself...

http://www.parador.es/en/offers/normal/special-rate-pilgrims-way-st-james

Special Rate for Pilgrims on the Way of St. James
Don't miss it if you are planning to do the Way of St. James..

From 14/04/2014 until 29/12/2014

The Way of St. James is magical. Its culture, people, surroundings and cuisine are all unique.

Doing at least one stage of the Way of St. James is an experience everyone should try to have at least once in their life.

At Paradores, we want to support pilgrims by offering them a special rate: a 15% discount on the price of bed and breakfast, giving you the chance to rest at a Parador. And get your strength back with a 10% discount in the restaurant.All with the high quality service and guarantee of Paradores.

Just present your official passport as proof of your pilgrim status.

Advance reservations required.

General terms and conditions:
  • In order to take advantage of this offer, it is necessary to have made a reservation for the promotion prior to your arrival at the Parador.
  • This promotion cannot be combined with other discounts or special prices. There are a limited number of rooms available.
  • The applicable dates may be subject to change without prior notice.
  • The prices listed include all taxes applicable by law as of the publication date. Any change in the applicable taxable items, tax basis and tax rates will be reflected in the final price for the service on the date it is provided.
General conditions
  • This promotion cannot be combined with any other kind of special discount or price and is only available in a limited number of rooms.
  • The promotional calendar is subject to possible modifications with no prior warning.
  • To benefit from the conditions of this offer, you must indicate that you wish to sign up for this promotion when booking your room, before arriving at the Parador.
  • The rates shown include the taxes applicable at the moment of this publication. Any future change will have an impact at the moment of the change and will revert into different rates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kiwi-d

Finisterre

Mar 30, 2010
Peak District, UK.
Sarria 2001,
Porto 2006,
Valenca 2008,
Finisterre 2010,
SJdPP 2012,
Tui 2014.

No plans to return, yet.
Luxury!

We have stayed in a couple over the years and the quoted price seems slightly unlikely. If I remember correctly we paid around €130 per night for a double room. Nice to wind down and get properly clean in. Not cheap.

I have just fed real dates and times into their booking system. Pontevedra, two weekday nights, dinner bed breakfast for two, pilgrim discount. €365 for the two of us sharing a room.

Ouch!

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

bystander

Veteran Member
Feb 7, 2008
Wessex, England
It might be "Ouch!" but I have just looked at the price of one night for one person, including breakfast, in our nearest local equivalent (Winchester, Hampshire) to a Parador (but not as nice) and the best deal on offer would be €174.00.
So two people two nights an even bigger "Ouch"!!
Maybe the Parador is not such an unusual price for such accommodation!

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

taozenqi

Sep 4, 2013
Sacramento Mtns., NM
Still looks like the 5 Night card is the best deal especially if you have a party of two. Five nights in any of the towns (beware of additional supplement charges in some towns, i.e., Santiago) for 550Euros. The 2014 rate for the card is 550 euros for 1 or 2 persons. This equates to 110 euros per night including breakfast. With the 5 Night Card guests also benefit from a 20% discount on the Paradores Menu official rate (drinks not included).
http://www.paradores-spain.com/offers/5night.html

taozenqi

Sep 4, 2013
Sacramento Mtns., NM
My plan is to get really dirty and tired for "awhile" to really feel my pain and then.....aaaahhhh...now that is MY camino

How long do you think that getting" really dirty and tired" will take for you? For me I'm guessing one week in fair weather a/o one day if it's raining and blowing!

Brendaparrish

Jul 18, 2012
Texas
Camino Frances july(2014)
How long do you think that getting" really dirty and tired" will take for you? For me I'm guessing one week in fair weather a/o one day if it's raining and blowing!
If you consider the five day pass it would work out nicely for the approx thirty three days ... I like the comparison someone made of Jesus' time on earth ... A day for each year with real intention could be a wonderful thing ... And he is exemplary at both the sorrows and celebrations in my life so far... The trudging through my metaphorical sludge and the pinnacles of joy

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Kanga

Veteran Member
Jun 2, 2005
Sydney, Australia
www.jillhill.com.au
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo
If you consider the five day pass it would work out nicely for the approx thirty three days ..

Except there are not five Paradors along the Camino Frances. Santo Domingo, Leon, Villafranca del Biezno. Santiago has a surcharge. But you could use the card by spending a couple of nights on Paradores before or after the Camino. Or by being a regular visitor to Spain. Now wouldn't that be great!
It seems horribly expensive but I guess it depends on your means and priorities.

Brendaparrish

Jul 18, 2012
Texas
Camino Frances july(2014)
I wondered where they were... Tried to call today but way too confusing while in the middle of nowhere in Poland... Also even if they were all on the camino it might not work out to be in need where they are....think I'll scrap that thought and work on letting the camino provide what I need when I need it....maybe even let it decide and provide

taozenqi

Sep 4, 2013
Sacramento Mtns., NM
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

taozenqi

Sep 4, 2013
Sacramento Mtns., NM
Except there are not five Paradors along the Camino Frances. Santo Domingo, Leon, Villafranca del Biezno. Santiago has a surcharge. But you could use the card by spending a couple of nights on Paradores before or after the Camino. Or by being a regular visitor to Spain. Now wouldn't that be great!
It seems horribly expensive but I guess it depends on your means and priorities.

If so inclined, it would be easy to fill a 5 Night card, especially if flying into and out of Madrid.

Margaret Butterworth

Jun 16, 2014
Perth, Australia
2013 (Pamplona to Burgos)
2014 (Burgos to Villafranca del Bierzo)
2015 (Villafranca to Santiago)
2016 (Le Puy to Conques; SJPP To Pamplona)
I stayed at the Villafranca del Bierzo parador in May. The bill was 259 euros for one person, 2 days bed, breakfast and dinner. I was trying to rest after an attack of tendinitis. The staff were extremely kind and helpful, my room was lovely with a view over the valley and the food was delicious. There was also a heated indoor pool for those who had remembered their bathers. However, no one mentioned this special offer to me at Reception, even the it was quite obvious that I was a Peregrino.

There is no standard rate for paradores. Each one charges according to the market conditions and the amount of competition in that particular town. There are now two paradores in Santo Domingo, the newest one on the edge of town being cheaper than the one near the cathedral.

M.

filly

Veteran Member
Dec 27, 2011
London/Lewes
2024 - Sagunto and aiming to reach Soria
Please note that you get one discount for being a pelegrino and another if you just happen to be over 55.

I also check up the current rates on booking.com and then call as a pilgrim and I always got a better rate with breakfast thrown in. However, it does mean a later start...

I was in Toledo two weeks ago at the fab Youth Hostel and took the Ruta de Don Quijotte to get in as it passed the Parador and I popped in for the 20 euro lunch. I went to the restaurant (cafe is NO cheaper!) every day as a) busy with Spaniards b) staff delightful c) food great and d) view is THE bestest.

Felipe Filly Pelegrino

€46,-

alansykes

Veteran Member
Aug 29, 2010
Cumbria, UK
Except the Francés
Please note that you get one discount for being a pelegrino and another if you just happen to be over 55.

Sadly I'm still a couple of years short of the días dorada discount. Aslo, as far as I can see from the website, the camino de Levante/Sureste paradors don't attract the pilgrim discount - ones on the Francés, VdlP, Portugués, Inglés and Norte, yes, but not Ávila, Toledo or Tordesillas. I emailed to ask them about this discrimination, but have had no reply yet.

The 5 days card is great value if you're a couple and travelling in high season, but not much use for solo pilgrims in the autumn/winter. But the prices are much lower in off season - in February this year I stayed in Tortosa's fabulous parador looking up and down the Ebro valley for 110€ for 2 nights, which is probably cheaper than a Travellodge in Basingstoke. The Amigo de Paradores card is worth getting as well - discounts on staying and in the restaurant, a free glass of wine in the bar on arrival, and, if you stay often enough, about 1 free night in every 8 or so you stay.

For a once in a while splurge of luxury on the camino, usually in an architecturally/historically important building, a parador makes a very pleasant occasional contrast with the albergues. I'm also amazed at how tolerant they are of the dusty (or sometimes muddy) and scruffy back-packed pilgrim who turns up in their immaculate reception, and amused when they go through their list of questions, pausing at one to giggle and answer themselves - "sin coche."

desde
42,50€

But mostly, sadly, it will be quite a long way desde 42.50€

Most read last week in this forum

I did not use Bookings.com during my Camino, but most pilgrims I met did. And from this site it is evident that most people use Bookings at least some of the time. This article is for those of...
Currently I am in Burgos resting up from a knee injury. I am not giving up the possibility of continuing on foot, but in the meantime I would like ideas of options in the event that I can not...
Hi all, just a quickie, Has anyone else noticed that the older you get, the larger the ratio of medication: kit you carry in your rucksack? This time round it appears to be around 60% walking...
As I watched the aurora Friday night (west coast Canada) I was thinking how wonderful it would be to see it along the camino. Wondering if anyone currently walking or living along the camino saw...
Hi there, I will be walking Camino Primitivo soon and I still have some questions that you could maybe help me to answer. As I would like to avoid to bring unnecessary things with me. 1. I do...
A nice warm soak eases tired bones, and I was just wondering if there are any Thermal Spas along the Camino Frances

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.