• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pics interesting for some odd reason :)

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
Hi there,

A few days ago I went through my pictures taken on CF for another thread and thought that might start another one. I found that some of my pics have some wit within them or that they are somewhat funny (I don't want to get pretentious on that though :p), some with kind of understatement etc. So you are kindly invited to contribute yours. They doesn't have to be top quality, they can depict places, structures, moments of pilgrims reactions or whatever that makes them interesting, but I'm don't looking for "beautiful" pics of flowers, panoramic views, clouds etc.
Today I'll post only one (have approx. dozen more) and wait for some of yours. Have fun!

First one was shot on leaving Hontanas. The question is would you place this kind of statue for watering your front lawn?

0885-leaving Hontanas (Rabe de las Calzados-Castrojeriz, 01.06.2011).jpg

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
No, I would prefer one like this:

hung.JPG

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Love these pictures, what a great thread!

pilgrimage part 2 014.jpg
I don't know where you're going to put the parking ticket!

Where's the bloomin' bridge gone!

A lonely outpost in deepest Devon...

Attachments

• pilgrimage part 2 155 (768x1024).jpg
    pilgrimage part 2 155 (768x1024).jpg
    559.2 KB · Views: 217
  • winter 2010 044 (768x1024).jpg
    winter 2010 044 (768x1024).jpg
    475.3 KB · Views: 192
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Ahahaha, love those @hecate105 :)
I'm sorry that 2nd and 3rd are sooooooooo downsized...

... no, I got it, they're doubled :D

Thanks!

B.

Another one.

Where are all those football (soccer) players? At the cemetery in the back perhaps???

Attachments

• 1210-football field and cemetery entering El Ganso (Astorga-Rabanal del Camino, 11.06.2011).jpg
    1210-football field and cemetery entering El Ganso (Astorga-Rabanal del Camino, 11.06.2011).jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 131
When the neighboring house was demolished someone forgot the key of the window shutters on the wrong side. Or is it on the right one???

Attachments

• 1320-forgotten key (Ponferrada, 13.06.2011).jpg
    1320-forgotten key (Ponferrada, 13.06.2011).jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 124
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
European Basketball Championship ended on Sunday in Slovenia. Next year there will be World Basketball Championship in Spain! But... I guess it'll take a lot of work to get this particular basketball court in order ;)

Attachments

• 1151-basketball court before Santibanez (San Martin del Camino-Astorga, 10.06.2011).jpg
    1151-basketball court before Santibanez (San Martin del Camino-Astorga, 10.06.2011).jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 88
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I smiled when I saw this postcard one morning in a cafe between Estella and Los Arcos. Did it mean us, I wondered?

Attachments

• Estella to Los Arcos 013.JPG
    Estella to Los Arcos 013.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 112
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank you very much, @stevenjarvis !
I like to see something more than there might be ;)

This one is already CF icon:

Attachments

• 1541-electric meter in Lobreiro (Ventos de Naron-Melide, 20.06.2011).jpg
    1541-electric meter in Lobreiro (Ventos de Naron-Melide, 20.06.2011).jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 94
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Someone, somewhere on the forum, that is, a member, has a blog, somewhere, out there, in the ether.
On that blog, there are photographs of fascinating stone carvings on churches in either France or Spain, possibly both, featuring extraordinary renderings of male figures. May have been some sort of fertility symbolism.
That's narrowed it down ........ *racks brains trying to remember*

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
These pilgrims don't need the house, they're happy as such ;)

Attachments

• 1712-pilgrims resting in front of bar in Santa Marina (Vilaserio-Olveiroa, 26.06.2011).jpg
    1712-pilgrims resting in front of bar in Santa Marina (Vilaserio-Olveiroa, 26.06.2011).jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 76
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks @Lise T , although "kitten on the stairs" isn't mine :), but can offer similar one with puppies. There were 5 of them but took sooo long to take my camera out only 2 are clearly visible. I still remember their cacophonic barking at by-passers. It was shot a few meters down the street from Felisa's stand before Logrono.

Attachments

• 0404-puppies before Logrono (Los Arcos-Logrono, 21.05.2011).jpg
    0404-puppies before Logrono (Los Arcos-Logrono, 21.05.2011).jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 65
Not particulary interesting, but I smiled. On the Camino Portuguese, just before Gaia. The electricity pole on the right has a yellow arrow, just.
P10404351.jpg

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks @Lise T , although "kitten on the stairs" isn't mine :), but can offer similar one with puppies. There were 5 of them but took sooo long to take my camera out only 2 are clearly visible. I still remember their cacophonic barking at by-passers. It was shot a few meters down the street from Felisa's stand before Logrono.

Wonderful photo! Yes…I agree with Lise T. Great thread you started, KinkyOne!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
This quirky elevator in the middle of nowhere after Hontanas...:)
Hillarious :D when thinking of what REALLY is behind that door. So many possibilities, hahaha.

But I really can not remember it. Guess I was somewhere else with my thoughts ;)

Maybe I just have an unusual sense of humour but I feel the instructions for the entrances should be the other way round. One in Ruitelan and the other on my camino in England.
P10006221.jpg
P1080167a.jpg

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Camino Portuguese 2010, just before Oporto. It was the 2nd October and I strolling the Camino leisurely and alone enjoying this sort of unexpected pleasure, unaware that ahead was a tidal wave of Spanish pilgrims preparing to join me on the last 100km to arrive in Santiago on Oct. 12th, the Spanish National Festival (de Pilar), and a Jacobean Year at that.
P1040437b.jpg

Here's another one on the topic of "backside"s:

Attachments

• 0182-Plaza del Castillo (Pamplona, 17.05.2011).jpg
    0182-Plaza del Castillo (Pamplona, 17.05.2011).jpg
    163 KB · Views: 53
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I guess in that moment the pulpo's mixed emotions was similar as mine when seeing this when leaving Santiago de Compostela for Negreira ;):

Attachments

• 1661-yellow arrows on Rua do Pozo de Bar (Santiago de Compostela-Negreira, 24.06.2011).jpg
    1661-yellow arrows on Rua do Pozo de Bar (Santiago de Compostela-Negreira, 24.06.2011).jpg
    348 KB · Views: 58
It's a cold, rainy, gloomy day here so I decided to light and warm it up a bit :)

Attachments

• 1086-house near Pension San Martin (Leon, 08.06.2011).jpg
    1086-house near Pension San Martin (Leon, 08.06.2011).jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 48
Mirror in a little shop just after Grandas de Salime.
:p

Somehow connected - sleeping beauty (injured peregrina from France, an architect, "serving" as a hospitalera) in San Anton before Castrojeriz):

Attachments

• 0907-sleeping beauty in San Anton (Rabe de las Calzados-Castrojeriz, 01.06.2011).jpg
    0907-sleeping beauty in San Anton (Rabe de las Calzados-Castrojeriz, 01.06.2011).jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 60
Nothing like a good ole' game of foosball under a medieval bridge!
Wow! The picture itself, of course. And also "foosball" (German: fussbal!!!) We call it "calcio" (from Italian) and I like it a lot although I'm not very good at it. Great picture again!!! :)

Another entering of new into old:

Attachments

• 1458-Coca-Cola machine in San Xil (Fonfria-Pintin, 17.06.2011).jpg
    1458-Coca-Cola machine in San Xil (Fonfria-Pintin, 17.06.2011).jpg
    351 KB · Views: 53
Nice memories. And approaching the end...

Attachments

• 1789-house in Estorde (Corcubion-Finnis Terrae, 28.06.2011).jpg
    1789-house in Estorde (Corcubion-Finnis Terrae, 28.06.2011).jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 51
This one is of a firm of accountants, seen on the outskirts of Valencia, the name is fitting for this Province of Spain where over 100 politicians and administrators are currently being charged for corruption:

P1050411-300x225.jpg

Told you, it's the end :(

Attachments

• 1826-casualties of Camino (Finnis Terrae, 28.06.2011).jpg
    1826-casualties of Camino (Finnis Terrae, 28.06.2011).jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 46
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
On a rest day in Leon, I walked around the city and came across this sign. I had to laugh out loud when I spotted it.

Attachments

• 100_0311.jpg
    100_0311.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, I’m starting my Camino Frances on May 12. I’ve booked my first night in SJPDP, but I’m starting to worry I need to book more. My plan was to take it day by day and just turn up, but lots...
Hello all. Here to give a brief account of my (and many others) first day on the Camino on May 1. The trip to Roncesvalles was tough. I went Valcarlos route because napoleon was very ill advised...
Did you meet Bjørn Krohn? Died aged 48 in an albergue, I don't know where, tuesday 21th. I didn't know this until now.
Seems to be a lot of people posting about stuff they lost on the Camino recently. I managed to leave a nice new-ish polo shirt somewhere drying and didn't notice for over a week. I hope someone...
I am wondering how you disconnect, in part, from the world. I have a couple of reasons that I need to be accessible but, I don't want to be constantly connected on this journey. Ideas?
Can anyone tell me if food is available there… anyone stayed recently? Cheers

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back