Happy Trails
Jan 15, 2013
Nevada, USA
Time of past OR future Camino
English Camino (2013)
Portuguese Camino (2014)
French Camino (2016)
Way of Saint Francis April 2017
I have bee trying for several weeks to contact Refuge Orisson via internet but to no avail. The address I have is www.refgue-orisson.com. I have tried GOOGLE, BING , and this forum but I keep getting a "can't connect, check your connection" message. Any suggestions. Buen Camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Jun 16, 2009
UK
camino-primitivo-2012.blogspot.co.uk
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
I have bee trying for several weeks to contact Refuge Orisson via internet but to no avail. The address I have is www.refgue-orisson.com. I have tried GOOGLE, BING , and this forum but I keep getting a "can't connect, check your connection" message. Any suggestions. Buen Camino
You have a typing error in the address it should be http://www.refuge-orisson.com/ which does work as I just tried after correcting it. :)

Joodle

Oct 26, 2015
Washington state
CF May 10th- June 21st 2016
VDLP March-April 2017
CF coming up April-May
I am having a hard time getting them to confirm a change in my reservation. I'm going to have my daughter, who is very fluent in Spanish, call them tomorrow. I had an April 14th reservation paid for, and need to change it to May 12th

Reactions: Urban Trekker
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Urban Trekker

Happy Trails
Jan 15, 2013
Nevada, USA
English Camino (2013)
Portuguese Camino (2014)
French Camino (2016)
You have a typing error in the address it should be http://www.refuge-orisson.com/ which does work as I just tried after correcting it. :)
Got me to the same place I'm already getting but also lead to a email address and I'm trying that. Thanks
I am having a hard time getting them to confirm a change in my reservation. I'm going to have my daughter, who is very fluent in Spanish, call them tomorrow. I had an April 14th reservation paid for, and need to change it to May 12th
I found their email address and sent a request. I also read that they are french speaking. Buen Camino

Reactions: Tia Valeria
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Joodle

Oct 26, 2015
Washington state
CF May 10th- June 21st 2016
VDLP March-April 2017
CF coming up April-May
Orisson is located in France so I think a French (or Basque) call would be more helpful... I can call France for you if you want to PM me your info.
Thank you so much. That is very kind of you. I'm just nervous about that first day. I will PM you
B[/

A selection of Camino Jewellery

oldman

oldman
Nov 20, 2015
Ireland
C/Frances. SJPP - Estella May 2009.
C/frances. SJPP - Santiago April/ May 2013.
C/Finisterre. Santiag - Finisterre - Muxia May 2013.
C/Ingles. Ferrol - Santiago May 2013.
C/Frances. SJPP - Santiago May - June 2015.
C/Finisterre. Santiago - Muxia - Finisrerre - Cee. June 2015.
C/Frances. Logrono - Burgos May 2016.
Hi I have contacted them several times and was advised to call after 12pm, after that their English speaker comes to Work. They seem to only answer emails once week and send out payment request a short time before your travel date. Dealing with them can be difficult but always worth it in the end .
Oldman

kelleymac

Veteran Member
Sep 19, 2011
brooktondale, ny
March/April 2015, Late April 2016, Sept/Oct 2017, April 2019.

I called them yesterday as I had received no response to my request for a reservation for Apr 23rd. I got a machine that instructed me to contact them by email and their website. So I wrote them again this morning (in French). I hope to hear a response. I am getting nervous. Should I be? I am considering making a reservation at the Beilari Auberge in SJPP.

oldman

oldman
Nov 20, 2015
Ireland
HI this is the contact I have for Orisson but I would question if they are even open yet this early in the season. you might try the Mobile number also note the numbers are French

SARL APATHIA

Phone: 00 33 559491303

Mobile : 00 33 681497956

Email :
Sans-titre-3.jpg

The above contact came to me trough PayPal.
But as I said above they are hard to deal with, this only came to me on the 30th April 15 for a booking for the 14th May after I contacted them by phone to advise that I was leaving Ireland on the 1st of May and would not be back home to organise the payment for them, they sent the PayPal invoice the next day.

Oldman

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Brian&Deb J.

Dec 23, 2015
Timmins, ON Canada
Frances Apr 2016
Frances Apr 16 2023
I had my April 17 reservation, which I requested via their website confirmed last week. I also had several pleasant exchanges of messages, all through their direct email address refuge.orisson@wanadoo.fr

Jean-Jacques ETCHANDY
www.refuge-orisson.com
Pour les modifications / for date change:
00 33 559491303 / 00 33 681497956

Reactions: Bloubird and oldman

t2andreo

Veteran Member
Apr 6, 2013
Northern Virginia
2013 - 2018 , Pilgrim Office volunteer 2014 - 2022
They are closed over the winter, until sometime in March. If the Napoleon Pass is closed by the authorities, there is not much sense in remaining open.

However, in my experience, they do eventually answer their e-mail. Be persistent...and oh yeah...DO have the correct address. I believe others above have provided this.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: oldman

oldman

oldman
Nov 20, 2015
Ireland
you are correct I received my booking confirmation within a week my problem was trying to pay them the email answers were too slow and they were great when I got to talk to them the sent it next day, and said they only dealt with mails once a week.
The may not have a good internet connection on the mountain , or a great amount of time dealing with a full house during the working day.it is possible that office work is done on days off.
In any case Tom is right, Be persistent, its worth it when your sitting at dinner in a full house with the hope of meeting some of them in Santiago as I did, and if you are lucky get a great view .
Been there twice and saw nothing only cloud, rain, and snow ( April 13, May 15,). So that is good enough reason to go again only another month later.

Buen Camino.
Oldman.

Reactions: Bloubird
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

nreyn12

Jan 17, 2009
Spain & San Francisco Bay Area
www.thecaminoexperience.com
Walked (2005) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010) (2011) (2012) (2013) (2014) (2015); Guide 2013-2016
While the refuge is closed for the winter, reservations are open each year mid-November for the following year. There is no internet access at the refuge, for guests or staff, so the reservations are handled someplace else. The person who handles the bookings can communicate in English, no problem. The owner, Jean-Jacques, speaks French, Basque, and Spanish fluently. His wife, Carole, speaks French, English, and probably Basque fluently. Their staff speak all those - at least two languages each - and in season there is usually at least one person onsite who speaks English.

If you haven't heard back from them after one week, just send the request again. I have had the best success using the contact form on their website: http://www.refuge-orisson.com/en/

Once they confirm your place, be on the lookout for an email from SARL APATHIA - that's the one with the link for the PayPal invoice. If you don't see that email, try just signing into your PayPal account and the invoice should be there.

The stay will be totally worth the patience required to get the booking!

Cayou

Jan 21, 2016
California
2015 Villafranca to SdC 2016 St Jean to LosArcos 2018 Leon to SdC 2019 Le Puy to Conques
I booked 24 August a few months ago. It took about 10-14 days for the Paypal invoice to come in. I've photo copied payment in case they forget who we are?!
With 28 beds of new Pilgrims each night of summer, I don't doubt they get a bit behind schedule.
I liked their policy of requiring arrival by foot or bike - not that everyone can hike the mountains - but it gives space to the wary.

1 Question: Is there CELL Service there? Only 8k from SJPdP ....

LauraC

Jan 19, 2015
Spring 2016

Hi Urban trekker- correct e mail is :
Refuge.orison@wanadoo.fr. They replied to my e mail and I booked a spot. Although it took them a few days to reply. Buen Camino!

Reactions: Urban Trekker
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

nreyn12

Jan 17, 2009
Spain & San Francisco Bay Area
www.thecaminoexperience.com
Walked (2005) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010) (2011) (2012) (2013) (2014) (2015); Guide 2013-2016
1 Question: Is there CELL Service there? Only 8k from SJPdP ....

Cayou, yes, there is cell phone service, but it is not very strong. Probably not sufficient for heavy data usage.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Mccjc

Sep 26, 2015
May 2016
I used Google translate and wrote to them (email) in Basque. I explined I spoke English and hoped Google was being polite. I had a reply within a day. Paid via PayPal and was confirmed a day and a half later.

Urban Trekker

Happy Trails
Jan 15, 2013
Nevada, USA
English Camino (2013)
Portuguese Camino (2014)
French Camino (2016)
I used Google translate and wrote to them (email) in Basque. I explined I spoke English and hoped Google was being polite. I had a reply within a day. Paid via PayPal and was confirmed a day and a half later.
I had heard that if you used French you got a quick response I'll have to try Basque and french Thanks for the info.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Snoring (another post ...) After 4 days of seriously noisy snorers in albergues, I was getting increasingly drained during the day. At one point, I was thinking whether I can continue, whether I...
Now it's done, and I'm showered, fed and generally numbed with alcohol, it was great. Fortunately, the weather was cool all day, the rain held off and the terrain was rolling countryside. But...
Hi All! I will arrive SDC on 5/17 and need a bed for 5/17 & 18. I can't find anything ,( well, the Parador for 800eu). Any & all help is greatly appreciated. I've checked gronze and all apps...
Hello; I started my camino on May 15th, today husband and I walked from Roncesvalles to Zubiri. I did the Camino in 2019 and the path from alto erro to Zubiri has eroded and is more hazardous...
We all know there are a lot of bikers on the shared Camino path. I was knocked over in the town of Villatuerta and had to return immediately to the US for treatment after destroying my Camino on...
I've been reading about the different routes etc and I have seen that the longest route is over a month, but also that some people just walk for a weekend or a few days or a week. I want to do a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides