• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • 20% off everything Altus the next few days at the Camino Forum Store. More here. (Discount taken at check out)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Reliability of Autna Bus Vigo to Porto Airport?

sommerjule

Hello everyone
I will be starting my first half of the Camino Portugues tomorrow. I only have about a week this year so I can only go as far as Valenca. From then , I plan to take the Autna Bus back to Porto Airport on the morning of my flight back, so I can have a full last day of walking.
However I am starting to become a bit anxious about missing my flight back home with this strategy.

My question is: how reliable is this Autna bus line? Does anybody have any experience with this route? Is it likely that the bus may be cancelled at the last minute or not come at all?

It is the route that goes from Vigo to Porto, which stops in Valenca and also Porto Airport.
I want to take the bus on the morning of my departing flight, at 08:30, which arrives at 10:00 at the airport (3 hours before my flight home)
I have read in other threads that the bus may be about half an hour late depending on traffic , which would be fine for me since I have some extra time planned in.

Any advice on this transport issue would be appreciated :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I took the ALSA bus from Santiago to the Porto Airport many times and last year from Valença do Minho to Santiago and they are very reliable. With Autna I have no experience. Alternative is take the train from Vigo to Porto Campanhã railwaystation and from there the metro to the airport . Three times I stayed at the Park hotel at the airport ( in front of the departures entrance ) to overnight for my early flight back home

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hello everyone
I will be starting my first half of the Camino Portugues tomorrow. I only have about a week this year so I can only go as far as Valenca. From then , I plan to take the Autna Bus back to Porto Airport on the morning of my flight back, so I can have a full last day of walking.
However I am starting to become a bit anxious about missing my flight back home with this strategy.

My question is: how reliable is this Autna bus line? Does anybody have any experience with this route? Is it likely that the bus may be cancelled at the last minute or not come at all?

It is the route that goes from Vigo to Porto, which stops in Valenca and also Porto Airport.
I want to take the bus on the morning of my departing flight, at 08:30, which arrives at 10:00 at the airport (3 hours before my flight home)
I have read in other threads that the bus may be about half an hour late depending on traffic , which would be fine for me since I have some extra time planned in.

Any advice on this transport issue would be appreciated :)
There is also the train option from Vigo to Porto. You can take the very reliable Porto light transit trains direct to the airport.

Thanks. I do not think I will make it as far as Vigo though - I planned to hop on the bus in Valenca. I guess I just have to take my chances

Most read last week in this forum

Question from an inexperienced overseas traveler: Do you purchase travel insurance along with your airline ticket purchase when it is offered or do you purchase it separately? I only need the...
Wife and I would like to take the train from Santiago to Barcelona after our pilgrimage. Online information has been confusing. 11 hours to 6 hours? Through Madrid? Where to buy tickets. Which...
We want to bus from los Arcos to Logroño but there doesn’t appear to be such a thing. Also, Uber doesn’t serve that area. Where should we look for a ride next? What’s blablacar?
Hi my flight arrives in Madrid T1 on Friday 19th July at 19.35 and trying to get the train to Leon from Chamartin Clara Camp station which leaves at 20.24. What's the chance of making the...
Hi all, i have 2 questions. I will be arriving around 18-19u next month in Bayonne. I see that the last train to SJPDP already is at 18.20u. is that right? If so, are there any options after the...
Hi. We are planning the second stage of the route from Le Puy having finished in Conques last time. I realise it isn't blessed with lots of transport options so we are trying to work out...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back