RIP @annakappa

SabsP

Veteran Member
Feb 18, 2010
Belgium
Time of past OR future Camino
some and then more. see my signature.
Dear forummembers,

It is with great sadness I inform you of the death of @annakappa.
She and her husband fraluchi ( who was also a member here ) were very active on this forum.
They were both gentle and wise people.
They were always generous giving us advise on all things Camino.

May she rest in peace together with her husband.

I got the permission from her granddaughter to inform you all. I will also keep her up to date.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

davejsy

Walked the Camino Francés for SSD UK 2023
Sep 3, 2023
Jersey
www.justgiving.com
CF 2023 sept/Oct
Primitivo July 2024
I didn't know you @annakappa, but you sound like a wonderful beautiful person. The Caminos, like our lives become beautiful mosiacs of everyone who has ever walked them or touched them in some way, and in the same way our hearts and souls - we never really go away, somewhere we all live forever, somewhere we're still walking.
Buen Camino

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

David Tallan

Staff member
Dec 8, 2013
Toronto, Canada
1989, 2016, 2018, 2023, 2024...
Dear forummembers,

It is with great sadness I inform you of the death of @annakappa.
She and her husband fraluchi ( who was also a member here ) were very active on this forum.
They were both gentle and wise people.
They were always generous giving us advise on all things Camino.

May she rest in peace together with her husband.

I got the permission from her granddaughter to inform you all. I will also keep her up to date.
So sorry to read this. My deepest condolences to her family. May her memory be a blessing.

JennyH94

Pilgrim in progress
Apr 8, 2013
Sydney, Australia
CF whole & part 12-19, VF 17, VDLP+ptSbres22
Thanks so much for sharing this sad news @SabsP - may Anna and Fraluchi walk many more caminos - always together - and in glory.

Their contributions to the Forum over so many years were inspirational and always so kind and generous.

Last edited:

susanawee

susanawee
Aug 3, 2012
Perth...Western Australia.
Camino Frances-(2013/14/18
Camino Salvado Perth -(2015)
West Highland Way (2016)
Lyon France 2017
I didn't know you @annakappa, but you sound like a wonderful beautiful person. The Caminos, like our lives become beautiful mosiacs of everyone who has ever walked them or touched them in some way, and in the same way our hearts and souls - we never really go away, somewhere we all live forever, somewhere we're still walking.
Buen Camino
Such a special and moving tribute to one of our Camino family stalwarts...blessing to you and my blessings also to Anna and Fralauchi. <3

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

FourSeasons

Veteran Member
Apr 16, 2012
Pacific Northwest USA
2013, 2016, 2019, 2024
My heart sunk reading the title. May you rest in His Peace Anna. Thank you for walking the walk of kindness and generosity.

“The Lord bless you
and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his facei toward you
and give you peace.”

Buen Camino fellow peregrina.

Rebekah Scott

Camino Busybody
Sep 15, 2005
Moratinos, Palencia Spain
www.peaceableprojects.org
Many, various, and continuing.
Anna and FraLuchi stayed with us years ago. When her husband got too long-winded and 'splainy,' Anna would stand behind his chair, waving her hands just like he waved his, and making faces! They were quite a pair. Gracious and full of stories. May they rest in peace.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

I did not use Bookings.com during my Camino, but most pilgrims I met did. And from this site it is evident that most people use Bookings at least some of the time. This article is for those of...
Currently I am in Burgos resting up from a knee injury. I am not giving up the possibility of continuing on foot, but in the meantime I would like ideas of options in the event that I can not...
Hi all, just a quickie, Has anyone else noticed that the older you get, the larger the ratio of medication: kit you carry in your rucksack? This time round it appears to be around 60% walking...
A nice warm soak eases tired bones, and I was just wondering if there are any Thermal Spas along the Camino Frances
The Holy See has published details concerning the 2025 Roman Jubilee of Hope here : https://www.vatican.va/content/francesco/en/bulls/documents/20240509_spes-non-confundit_bolla-giubileo2025.html...
Can someone put together a calendar of holidays in Spain for pilgrims to use as part of their planning? I’ve never gotten stuck, but it seems that, once or twice, posters are caught trying to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.