Santiago Airport to Villafranca

Nauzanplage

Oct 3, 2010
Hi, I have completed the walk from SJPP to Villafrance in two stages and start my final stage this Monday (26th September). I am flying into Santiago, arriving 9.35 am and need to make my way back to Villafranca.
The buses seem to be out of sync on every route I've tried.

The best I've found is
Santiago Airport to Lugo 11.10 arriving 12.30
Lugo to Villafranca 15.00 arriving 17.00.

Can anyone suggest a better route?

Regards

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

sulu

Veteran Member
Jan 25, 2010
Galicia, Spain
notdunroaminyet.blogspot.com
Time of past OR future Camino
a few since 2010
There probably are other buses as the smaller companies don't post their services on-line, but they'll be infrequent anyway. That isn't a lot of help to you I know, and given that you are travelling tomorrow why not just enjoy Lugo for a few hours? The bus station is right by the walls of the old city, you can easily spend an interesting couple of hours in the old town without walking too far, it's one of the best placed bus stations I've ever seen, and the weather should be warm and sunny tomorrow, there's wall to wall sunshine today.
Buen Camino
Sue

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

We arrived in Santiago and after searching ways to get back to Pamplona it worked out easier to hire a car . It would mean picking the car up from Santiago airport and leaving it at a hotel in...
Hello, I am 16 days out from "boots on the ground" on the Frances route. As I am a solo female pilgrim My family wants to be able to find me any time day or night as I make my way across Spain...
I was trying to buy an Alsa bus ticket on-line to take us from Pamplona to SJPDP. It ask for a "document" and document number? Passport isn't mentioned and it wont let me make a purchase without...
Hi , I'm looking for some advice. I'm flying to Madrid and catching a bus to Burgos to walk to LeĂłn. I'm using a light weight foldable bag for my rucksack & poles but I would rather leave the...
Madrid Albergue near airport? I will be going on to Irun/San Sebastian. With thanks, fondly sandi
Some news that was posted on Facebook by Johnnie Walker which I'm sure he won't mind my repeating here. Not sure who his informant was. The post was quite long but I'll just repost it here in...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides