Sending some luggage to Santiago

P Rat

Aug 2, 2018
Brisbane Australia
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino VDLP/Sanábres April 2019
Camino Mozárabe when we can again...(2021?)
Good morning,

Hopefully my last question before we leave the land of Oz in less than 3 weeks...
As we are spending a little bit of time in Portugal and Sevilla before we start walking, I am wondering if it is possible to send a weekend bag from Seville to Santiago? We would pick this bag up about 6-7 weeks later. I had a quick search on here but couldn't find a post relating to this, though I am no sleuth...:)
If anyone has experience with this or knows more about this, your advise is much appreciated. If too hard we'll just spend another week in our walking clothes and won't bother bringing 'nice' stuff. That is not the end of the world either. First world problem right?
TIA, Patty

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

t2andreo

Veteran Member
Apr 6, 2013
Northern Virginia
2013 - 2018 , Pilgrim Office volunteer 2014 - 2022
Send it as a parcel from the Correos (post office) near your hotel in Sevilla. I have sent luggage from Ponferrada to Santiago using the Correos. It works great.

Send it to Ivar. He will hold it for you. A nominal fee applies.

I recommend keeping the size of the bag you send to about carry-on size.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: KerrieG and ivar
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
May 24, 2018
Camino Finisterra 2022
Agree...send it via the post office (Coreros) to Ivar (he runs this forum) In Santiago.
I sent mine from the Madrid airport.
The Coreros is marvelous and super efficient.
I shipped my suitcase to:
Ivar Rekve
ATT: [Your name goes here]
Travesía da Universidade 1
15704 Santiago de Compostela
La Coruña
Spain

Reactions: Klogwog and ivar
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
May 24, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Oct/Nov 2022_Mozarabe from Almeria
Thank you. I’ve read the phrase many times but didn’t figure it out. Buen Camino!
I can understand your confusion Judy.....noticing you are from USA ... (your thoughts may have gone down a thread ? From somewhere over the rainbow? - Judy(Dorothy) and Toto from Kansas in Disney movie ‘Wizard of Oz’)
We Australians often describe ourselves as ‘Ozzies’. / hence ‘ land of Oz.

Annie

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

My first walking day will be on Tuesday, but because I am now still in the possession of my laptop I thought it would be handy to start this thread already. I landed on Asturias airport on...
I completed the Sanabres Camino a week ago after having started in Rionegro del Puente. I am a forum member who enjoys the downhills as my knees have always been strong. The uphills wear me out...
Something I came across earlier today which sounded interesting. The Ourense local council and a public service organisation are running a project where local people can walk from Ourense to...
Usually reliable Rome2Rio website doesn't show a bus route which runs close to the Oseira monastery, but Google maps shows a bus icon there. Does anyone know whether there is or is not bus service...
In case it’s helpful for those who are looking to start their Sanabres walk from Granja de Moruela: Last week, when I reached Granja de Moruela while walking the via de la plata, I continued...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides