September or October

JasonR

May 24, 2010
UK
Hi,
Looking forward to El Camino this year and was just wondering if anyone has a view on which would be the nicest month to do the majority of the walk in( at present i think it will be the Frances route but this may change to include some of the North? I think i have ruled out August due to numbers and heat, I would love to see the leaves turning etc but is the area anything like England...we sometimes dont get autumn until late October? Would appreciate any input that might sway me.
Kind regards,
Jason

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Nov 2, 2004
ZA
www.amawalkerscamino.com
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
September is a lovely time to walk el camino. The heat, and crowds, of August have passed and it is harvest time. There is plenty of fruit about - figs, chestnuts, apples, pears, grapes, rasberries . yum! I walked in September in 2007 and besides 4 days of heavy rain at the start, it was a fairaly dry month, only used our rain-ponchos a couple of times.
If you start in October you'll be heading for the cold season towards the end of your walk. November is unpredictable and for the last few years there was snow in the high places.
Whichever month you choose, hope you have a great walk.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

I did not use Bookings.com during my Camino, but most pilgrims I met did. And from this site it is evident that most people use Bookings at least some of the time. This article is for those of...
Currently I am in Burgos resting up from a knee injury. I am not giving up the possibility of continuing on foot, but in the meantime I would like ideas of options in the event that I can not...
Hi all, just a quickie, Has anyone else noticed that the older you get, the larger the ratio of medication: kit you carry in your rucksack? This time round it appears to be around 60% walking...
....asked me to remind you that May 12 is the Feast of Santo Domingo de la Calzada.
As I watched the aurora Friday night (west coast Canada) I was thinking how wonderful it would be to see it along the camino. Wondering if anyone currently walking or living along the camino saw...
Hi there, I will be walking Camino Primitivo soon and I still have some questions that you could maybe help me to answer. As I would like to avoid to bring unnecessary things with me. 1. I do...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides