Snow Flakes

Oct 8, 2012
Illawarra Region NSW Australia
Time of past OR future Camino
cycled from Pamplona Sep 2015;Frances, walked from St Jean May/June 2017. Plans to walk Porto 2020
Hola Ivar - love those snow flakes happily drifting down. Not much chance of snow here in the land down under. Happy Christmas to all my Camino Family!!;)

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Robo

Veteran Member
Oct 12, 2013
Sydney / Bangkok
robscamino.com
Frances 15,16,18
VdlP 23, Invierno 23, Fisterra 23
Very festive.

Funny how we associate climate/seasons with Christmas. I was brought up in the UK with cold Christmases. Log fires, sometimes snow....

Christmas here in Australia at 35 degrees C never feels like Christmas. :oops:

But I suspect it wasn't snowing where Jesus was born either ;)

Merry Christmas to all.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ljubljana, Slovenia
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!

Oh, I just loved Christmas in Australia. So many female Santas in bikinis on Bondi Beach 20 years ago :D

But I don't like the flakes on the forum. Everytime I check it I think something is wrong with my computer :rolleyes:
Is there a personal setting option to change it back to "summer look"???

Nanc

Jan 2, 2016
WA ST
Frances (Sept 2016)
SDC/ Finesterre/ Muxia (2016)
Thanks IVAR
As I work and never seen day light, (my hours are too long ) I can forget what season it actually is.
Today in the next town, we had the rare tornado hit in a sudden squall of lightening, thunder and rain. Homes damaged, roofs ripped off, but no reported injuries yet
Our Snow is coming. last year was an actual white Christmas
happy Holidays of very kind to friend far and near
Nanc

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

jungleboy

Spirit of the Camino (Nick)
Feb 4, 2018
Rome, Italy
spiritofthecamino.com
Some in the past; more in the future!

Snow in Palestine? Happens more often than most of us would think.

I once got trapped in Jordan on my birthday (26 February) because it had snowed so much in the region overnight that the King Hussein/Allenby Bridge border with the West Bank/Israel was closed. So we couldn't make it to Jerusalem that day as planned and had to wait until the next day.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Feb 14, 2017
Camino Frances 2017
No snow here in Singapore, if it does snow we’re in real troubles..
We lived in Singapore for nine years. The first two years was in a house we rented from the managing director of Carrier (air conditioning systems). He had installed about a million BTUs of A.C., and at this time of year we would crank it up to its coldest setting, put on sweaters, and pretend we were back home in Seattle. What fun!

Reactions: galliano
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

J F Gregory

Camino Frances , Camino Primavito 2024
Aug 12, 2015
Eatonville Washington USA
Frances 2016, Portuguese 2021, Frances and Prima
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Oct 8, 2012
cycled from Pamplona Sep 2015;Frances, walked from St Jean May/June 2017. Plans to walk Porto 2020
Very festive.

Funny how we associate climate/seasons with Christmas. I was brought up in the UK with cold Christmases. Log fires, sometimes snow....

Merry Christmas to all.

Yes definitely snow across all the "Holy Lands". Many years ago I met a New Zealander who had been to Lebanon, Syria and what was then Palestine (in January and February) his army boots were no match for the snows and frosts so he had a number of "frost bitten" toes. But it did not affect his skiing - until the end of the day!! cheers

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

TaraWalks

Peregrina without a skateboard
Jun 20, 2016
Sydney, Australia
Camino Frances 2016 & 2018, planning for Le Puy 2019/2020ish and for some shorter Caminos stacked
Oh, I just loved Christmas in Australia. So many female Santas in bikinis on Bondi Beach 20 years ago :D

But I don't like the flakes on the forum. Everytime I check it I think something is wrong with my computer :rolleyes:
Those Santas in bikinis are still here on Bondi beach. It's a beautiful day here in Bondi today!

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Those Santas in bikinis are still here on Bondi beach. It's a beautiful day here in Bondi today!
You're there? Ahhhhhh :)
Nice memories for me. On X-mas Eve exactly 20 years ago I flew to Sydney and attended Flickerfest Short Film Festival which was held at the pavillion on Bondi Beach. And watching NY fireworks lying on the lawn of Royal Botanical Gardens, boat trips, oysters, Red Toohey's, ... What a splendid time I had. In the end I even won the best documentary award :D

Say hello to that "special" place for me, please!

malingerer

samarkand
Jan 28, 2014
cf (2), de la plata, cp. (2003 -2018)

I was going to have a good bellyache about these snowflakes"; why? because I suffer from ocular migraine!! That means I get the full wax of flashing lights, jagged edge corona et al!! It took me two days (OK I'm getting old) to realise it wasn't my eyes, it was the bloody screen! :) Merry Xmas Ivar! I cant seem to switch them off! is this a cunning way to extract a donation from me? That might just work! :)

Yours aye, the Malingerer

I must pop in the next time I pass thru Santiago just to see what it is that actually does this !

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Jun 16, 2009
UK
camino-primitivo-2012.blogspot.co.uk
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
On the other 'snowflakes' thread it says hit Alt-F4 if you don't like the snowflakes.
If you have a problem with them, or simply don't like them, then try it and hopefully it will work while the rest of us can enjoy them still.
I am not trying it in case I can't get them back :).

Reactions: alexwalker
Jan 19, 2016
Suburb of Boston, Mass., USA
Us:Camino Frances, 2015 Me:Catalan/Aragonese, 2019
On the other 'snowflakes' thread it says hit Alt-F4 if you don't like the snowflakes.
To see if it would work I tried it. Looks like it would. I got the popup message "You are about to close out 12 tabs. Are you sure to want to continue?" :)

Reactions: Tia Valeria
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Nov 9, 2014
Kent, UK
canterburypilgrim.wordpress.com
A "Tourigrino" trip once Covid has passed, so 2023

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Nov 9, 2014
Kent, UK
Jeff, you’re even more of a wind-up merchant than I am. Take that as a compliment.
Seasoned greetings 😉
And to you sir, and to you!
Although in the light of the wake up call of the mini-stroke my New Year's resolutions are to be more virtuous, lose weight and never walk the Camino again! I'm not taking bets on which I break first!
Currently listening to the King's College carol service on the BBC - quite lovely.
Merry Christmas everybody!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

TaraWalks

Peregrina without a skateboard
Jun 20, 2016
Sydney, Australia
Camino Frances 2016 & 2018, planning for Le Puy 2019/2020ish and for some shorter Caminos stacked
You're there? Ahhhhhh :)
Nice memories for me. On X-mas Eve exactly 20 years ago I flew to Sydney and attended Flickerfest Short Film Festival which was held at the pavillion on Bondi Beach. And watching NY fireworks lying on the lawn of Royal Botanical Gardens, boat trips, oysters, Red Toohey's, ... What a splendid time I had. In the end I even won the best documentary award :D

Say hello to that "special" place for me, please!

I'll give Bondi your love! The pavilion is still there, although there are plans to revamp it. We are praying they will just restore it. I'll have a swim for you :)
Merry Christmas!

Reactions: KinkyOne

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ljubljana, Slovenia
I'll give Bondi your love! The pavilion is still there, although there are plans to revamp it. We are praying they will just restore it. I'll have a swim for you :)
Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas to you too, Tara :)
Maybe I wouldn't go for a swim but next time in BB I want to walk the Imperial Avenue again, many nice memories connected to that particular street.

All the best in New Year!

Reactions: TaraWalks
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
D

Deleted member 29041

I'm using an addon for add-blocking called uBlock Origin. Using that, you can just set up a new filter blocking the script.

I'd almost bet that there is a tutorial or youtube video showing how to do.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Oct 8, 2012
But surely not during the summertime when He was born? ;)

Merry Christmas/Happy Saturnalia/Yule Everybody!

My research suggest a date in the northern fall (sometime in September) as a more likely date.

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Nov 9, 2014
Kent, UK
My research suggest a date in the northern fall (sometime in September) as a more likely date.
I wouldn't dispute that. There's a spike in babies being born in September (including myself and my eldest brother). I've always put this down to people celebrating Christmas . . . . oh

Reactions: Saint Mike II

Most read last week in this forum

I did not use Bookings.com during my Camino, but most pilgrims I met did. And from this site it is evident that most people use Bookings at least some of the time. This article is for those of...
Currently I am in Burgos resting up from a knee injury. I am not giving up the possibility of continuing on foot, but in the meantime I would like ideas of options in the event that I can not...
Hi all, just a quickie, Has anyone else noticed that the older you get, the larger the ratio of medication: kit you carry in your rucksack? This time round it appears to be around 60% walking...
A nice warm soak eases tired bones, and I was just wondering if there are any Thermal Spas along the Camino Frances
The Holy See has published details concerning the 2025 Roman Jubilee of Hope here : https://www.vatican.va/content/francesco/en/bulls/documents/20240509_spes-non-confundit_bolla-giubileo2025.html...
Can someone put together a calendar of holidays in Spain for pilgrims to use as part of their planning? I’ve never gotten stuck, but it seems that, once or twice, posters are caught trying to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides