We are GOING! And I decorated my pack . . .

Nov 1, 2008
Portland, Oregon
www.caminosantiago2.blogspot.com
Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
Got a note back from my doctor.
She says there is no evidence Letrozole compromises the immune system.
Of course she says to go at my own risk but she did NOT say, "Don't go,"
so we are going!

I decorated my pack today.
I put the forum patch on it.
I always do that.
Makes me feel less likely to get it stolen plus easier for forum members to say hi.
Plus I did my best impression of a pink scallop shell.

Hooray!

Attachments

• IMG_6960.jpg
    IMG_6960.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 415
  • IMG_6961.jpg
    IMG_6961.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 396
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

malingerer

samarkand
Jan 28, 2014
cf (2), de la plata, cp. (2003 -2018)
so we are going!

I always do that.
Makes me feel less likely to get it stolen plus easier for forum members to say hi.

Hooray!

Godspeed Annie and Buen Camino.

The malingerer.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Mar 1, 2017
Northern Illinois, USA
Recent:Norte/Muxia- Spring '23
MadridWay- Fall '23
So happy for you, Annie! I love the embroidery work on your pack!
You are so talented with your hands...I remember how you converted Bratz dolls to adorable kiddies, and all the intricate doll type things you made from clay!
Buen Camino to you and Joe!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

feldmanh

Mar 3, 2020
Pacific Grove, CA, USA
Burgos to Finisterre with Road Scholar (May 2020)
Great encouragement for me, Annie! I'm new to the Forum, planning to walk parts of the Camino in May, with Road Scholar women's group, to celebrate my 70th year on this Earth. Hoping with all my heart that we will be able to have this wonderful adventure.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

domigee

Veteran Member
Nov 25, 2013
UK/Spain
2024 Chemin de Vézelay
I always do that.

Hooray!
Very artistic 😎 Buen Camino, you will be in our thoughts.

• Thank you
Reactions: Anniesantiago
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

André Walker

Never losing my way: always standing on it
May 27, 2018
Holland
A couple.
We start from Zafra on May 7 after two days there.
Will anybody else be on the route with us?
Buen Camino!!

Great you're going. I hope everything will work out for you and that you'll enjoy this one. I did. I thought the VdlP in it's own regard is a very beautiful one.

Although I'm starting this year's Camino on May 9th, it'll not be the VdlP. Anyway, I'm sure you'll have plenty of worthwile encounters.

Ultreia!

• Thank you
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

JudeD

Jun 14, 2017
Sarria to Santiago "2016"
SJPP to Burgos "2017" Burgos to Hornillos "2018" SJPP to Finisterre "2019
Good for you and Buen Camino! I glued my forum badge over the Gregory logo (same pack which btw I think is just perfect for the Camino) just as you've done but unfortunately it came adrift so need better adhesive this time (end of May). What did you use for the other great personalising decorations?

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Jul 28, 2012
Bucerias, Mexico
2024 Aragones, Madrid, Portugues Coastal
so we are going!

I always do that.

Hooray!
Keep on Trucking' Mama, Truck them blues away!!!!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Nov 1, 2008
Portland, Oregon
Good for you and Buen Camino! I glued my forum badge over the Gregory logo (same pack which btw I think is just perfect for the Camino) just as you've done but unfortunately it came adrift so need better adhesive this time (end of May). What did you use for the other great personalising decorations?

I used acrylic paint and fabric glue for the forum patch.

• Love - Red heart
Reactions: JudeD
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

TaijiPilgrim

Oct 25, 2014
Camino Frances (2011), Camino Frances (2015), Camino Ingles (2017), Camino Muxia (2017), LePuy(2019)
so we are going!

I always do that.

Hooray!
Buen camino. Ultreia!

• Thank you

jalluisi

Aug 10, 2019
North Carolina
Leon to Santiago Oct. 2021, PS 10/22,
PS-10/2023
so we are going!

I always do that.

Hooray!
Where did you get the patch? Can I order online? Tks Buen Camino!!!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
F

Former member 69452

so we are going!

I always do that.

Hooray!
Great news!! Buen Camino Peregrina!!

• Thank you

Sandra Riordan

Hobart Australia
Sep 11, 2016
Hobart Australia
Francis 2015, Portuguese 2016, El Norte 2017 & VDLP 2019.
so we are going!

I always do that.

Hooray!
So pleased you are back on the Camino

• Thank you
...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Nov 1, 2008
Portland, Oregon
Joe and I left about 2:30 o’clock this morning from Palm Springs. We got to LAX in plenty of time and actually got put on an earlier flight to Chicago where we are now sitting waiting for our flight to Madrid to depart. The plane had a lot of empty seats which was nice, and we were able to relocate away from the lady right behind Joe who was red faced, feverish looking, and coughing. Ha ha Ha! I think I’m washing my hands more than I ever have in my life. But we’re feeling relaxed and happy. We have a three hour layover here and will arrive in Madrid at seven tomorrow morning. Then a bus ride to Zafra. Looking forward to the walk. A pox on Coronavirus! Ultreia!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Feb 14, 2017
Camino Frances 2017
Joe and I left about 2:30 o’clock this morning from Palm Springs. We got to LAX in plenty of time and actually got put on an earlier flight to Chicago where we are now sitting waiting for our flight to Madrid to depart. The plane had a lot of empty seats which was nice, and we were able to relocate away from the lady right behind Joe who was red faced, feverish looking, and coughing. Ha ha Ha! I think I’m washing my hands more than I ever have in my life. But we’re feeling relaxed and happy. We have a three hour layover here and will arrive in Madrid at seven tomorrow morning. Then a bus ride to Zafra. Looking forward to the walk. A pox on Coronavirus! Ultreia!
A pox on the Coronavirus, indeed! Sitting here less than 100 Kilometers from the epicenter of all 10 deaths, so far, in the USA.

CWBuff

Veteran Member
Mar 5, 2019
Willow Grove, PA
Frances & Finisterre 05-07/22 Fran 26? d Nort 27?
So.... I have a question
How does one saw a patch onto a backpack? Wouldn't that sort of produce little holes that would make the said backpack no longer waterproof\water resistant? :oops:

I got my brand-spanking-new Gregory Zulu 35L and I just dont see how it is possible

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Nov 1, 2008
Portland, Oregon
So.... I have a question
How does one saw a patch onto a backpack? Wouldn't that sort of produce little holes that would make the said backpack no longer waterproof\water resistant? :oops:

I got my brand-spanking-new Gregory Zulu 35L and I just dont see how it is possible

fabric glue. 👍🏼😊

Reactions: laineylainey

jalluisi

Aug 10, 2019
North Carolina
Leon to Santiago Oct. 2021, PS 10/22,
PS-10/2023
so we are going!

I always do that.

Hooray!
Did you use paint to for letters and shell?

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Shinobi42

Feb 4, 2020
Wiesbaden, Germany
markusunterwegs.de
from Irun to Nueva
from Nueva to Muxia
Nope. I said I PUT the patch on my back. I did not say I sewed it. 😊
It should be possible to sew it on with corespun thread that is used especially for sewing tents. It is a thread that is made of artificial fibre and cotton around it. When the thread gets in contact with water, it increases its diameter, so the seam has a self sealing effect. And of course it would be a good idea to use seam sealer to keep it waterproof.

Here is one example: https://www.extremtextil.de/en/rasant-75-sewing-thread-polyester-cotton-corespun-1000m.html I used it to apply patches on boyscout tents and they withstood thunderstorms already.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Nov 1, 2008
Portland, Oregon
It should be possible to sew it on with corespun thread that is used especially for sewing tents. It is a thread that is made of artificial fibre and cotton around it. When the thread gets in contact with water, it increases its diameter, so the seam has a self sealing effect. And of course it would be a good idea to use seam sealer to keep it waterproof.

Here is one example: https://www.extremtextil.de/en/rasant-75-sewing-thread-polyester-cotton-corespun-1000m.html I used it to apply patches on boyscout tents and they withstood thunderstorms already.

Fabric glue is so much easier.

ctay122

Jul 20, 2019
Woodbridge, Virginia
2020 Camino Frances
so we are going!

I always do that.

Hooray!
I had to edit after seeing some replies. I love this! I have the same pack! How did you attach your patch? I am going to try to use self stick velcro dots. I have several to put on.....I might try more decorations using fabric paint. I fly out of DC 18 April and start at SJPDP 22 Apr. Buen Camino! When are you leaving?

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2008
Portland, Oregon
I love this! I have the same pack! How did you attach your patch? I have several to put on.....Did you use fabric paint for your name? I fly out of DC 18 April and start at SJPDP 22 Apr. Buen Camino! When are you leaving?
Hi there. I used acrylic paint but it is already flaking off. I was in a hurry and didn’t have fabric paint. I suggest getting fabric paint. I used fabric paint on my other pack and it lasted for years. I used fabric glue for the patch. Today was day one walking from Zafra to VillaFranca. I realize how much the letrozole has sucked my energy. I’m pretty tired after just 20 km but I’m glad I’m here!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

ctay122

Jul 20, 2019
Woodbridge, Virginia
2020 Camino Frances
Hi there. I used acrylic paint but it is already flaking off. I was in a hurry and didn’t have fabric paint. I suggest getting fabric paint. I used fabric paint on my other pack and it lasted for years. I used fabric glue for the patch. Today was day one walking from Zafra to VillaFranca. I realize how much the letrozole has sucked my energy. I’m pretty tired after just 20 km but I’m glad I’m here!
20 km is great! I am 65 and will take my time. Have fun! Thanks for the info!

susanawee

susanawee
Aug 3, 2012
Perth...Western Australia.
Camino Frances-(2013/14/18
Camino Salvado Perth -(2015)
West Highland Way (2016)
Lyon France 2017
so we are going!

I always do that.

Hooray!
Safe Travels Annie Santiago and, I love the way you hav decorated your pack....looks lovely. Buen Camino.

• Thank you

RobinK*

Sep 22, 2017
2012, 2016, 2018, 2021, 2024
We start from Zafra on March 7 after two days there.
Will anybody else be on the route with us?

In my mind I will be onroute with you. Please post a pic every now and then, nature must be awesome along the way. Reading a book right now and I just learned March is a good time in Extremadura to see the wild orchids. Hope to walk 'de la plata' some time next year.

Attachments

• 20200308_112516.jpg
    20200308_112516.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 8
...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Nov 1, 2008
Portland, Oregon
In my mind I will be onroute with you. Please post a pic every now and then, nature must be awesome along the way. Reading a book right now and I just learned March is a good time in Extremadura to see the wild orchids. Hope to walk 'de la plata' some time next year.

You can follow with photos on my blog at caminosantiago2.blogspot.com 😊

Most read last week in this forum

I am looking to do my first Camino in mid August. I want to do a very quiet route so I chose from Ourense to Santiago. I have read that on the Camino Sanabres it can go over 35° but this seems to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides