We Walk For You 2020

Johnniewalker and his companions are walking the Camino Frances over the coming weeks to report on conditions on the route and to carry the intentions of those who have been unable to walk this year because of the global pandemic. There will be regular blogs and videos from along The Way.

Here is the first as Johnnie prepares to leave Santiago for Saint Jean Pied De Port.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

mspath

Veteran Member
Nov 25, 2009
France
allmycaminos.blogspot.fr
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Thanks for sharing the exciting news!
We who will follow this journey will be unseen digital companions for Johnnie and Stephen

May all stay safe.
Bon chemin, Buen camino and, in the truest sense, Ultreia.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Sep 4, 2018
Rockland, Maine, USA
stephangiannini.com
Frances 2022
It’s a little unclear what’s going on to me, though. That blog post is dated June 3, more than two months ago and they talk about going in the next few weeks. So if I was to only see that blog post I would’ve assumed they abandoned the project. There’s no update at all over 2 1/2 months? Wishing everyone well, but it seems very confusing. The blog post might’ve benefited from some start dates.

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ljubljana, Slovenia
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
It’s a little unclear what’s going on to me, though. That blog post is dated June 3, more than two months ago and they talk about going in the next few weeks. So if I was to only see that blog post I would’ve assumed they abandoned the project. There’s no update at all over 2 1/2 months? Wishing everyone well, but it seems very confusing. The blog post might’ve benefited from some start dates.
The blog post is of today: https://prnt.sc/u0he1j

But this announcement was posted on June 7th:

Maybe mods can combine them and make just one.

Last edited:
Reactions: SYates

SabsP

Veteran Member
Feb 18, 2010
Belgium
some and then more. see my signature.

No problem here finding the recent post.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Sep 4, 2018
Rockland, Maine, USA
stephangiannini.com
Frances 2022

No problem here finding the recent post.
The blog post is of today: https://prnt.sc/u0he1j

But this announcement was posted on June 7th:

Maybe mods can combine them and make just one.

OK, I found it now. It was just a problem where links initially took me, but it’s clear now. Thanks.

Reactions: SYates and SabsP
OK, I found it now. It was just a problem where links initially took me, but it’s clear now. Thanks.
My apologies for any confusion. I will continue to post links to latest updates as and when they happen.
Thanks all for your responses and good wishes.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
F

Former member 49149

Thanks for update. I wanted to say 'like' but it bounced me off! never mind. Lovely account and so easy to read.
Thanks you for your comments @kirkie. From what I have read it seems that you may have to be a logged on user in WordPress to use their "Like" button. If anyone know any different feel free to put me right 🙏.

As long as you are able to read and enjoy the posts that is all that matters.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The latest blog from WeWalkForYou2020, covering Saint-Jean to Pamplona, is now uploaded. Enjoy!

Am following your journey! Good luck and stay safe!
Thank you. We hope that the information being provided is not only helpful to those who may walk in the near future but also helping those who will not walk this year to keep in touch with the Camino through words and pictures.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

JillGat

la tierra encantada
Jun 22, 2015
New Mexico, USA
www.mirafloresmosaics.com
Johnniewalker and his companions are walking the Camino Frances over the coming weeks to report on conditions on the route and to carry the intentions of those who have been unable to walk this year because of the global pandemic. There will be regular blogs and videos from along The Way.

Well, I for one am jealous!
[sarcasm alert] What a selfless, altruistic thing for Johnnywalker to do for us, walking the Camino on our behalves! I hope he does it again next year so I don't have to..... To raise money to help them with their trip, I am going to eat Chocolate Cake for Charity for the next month. [/sarcasm alert]

Just kidding and I am looking forward to your blog!

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
WeWalkForYou 2020 has reached Belorado. Read the latest blog covering Los Arcos to there.

Last edited:
We Walk For You 2020 - Pilgrim Prayers for Health and Hope in Santo Domingo de la Calzada.

The latest post from JohnnieWalker on the Camino Francés, between Belorado and Castrojeriz

Last edited:

€60,-
Latest video post from Johnnie, chatting with fellow pilgrims on the Camino Francés.

Read the latest post from Johnnie and Co. on the Camino Francés between Castrojeriz and Calzadilla de la Cueza.

Pilgrim Prayers, Hopes and Thoughts on Sunday from the Camino Francés.

Nunca Caminarás Solo - You'll Never walk Alone

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Johnnie and Stephen have now crossed the half way point of the Camino and today they have reached the beautiful city of León. Here is the latest post; from Calzadilla de la Cueza to León.

On the eve of walking up to the Cruz de Fierro, Johnnie has an inspirational conversation with Father Javier of the Benedictine Monastery in Rabanal del Camino...

Last edited:
Pilgrim Prayers: Johnnie and Stephen have arrived at the Cruz de Fierro and laid the electronic pebble at the foot of the iron cross.

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

camino07

Veteran Member
Mar 25, 2008
Perth Australia
Frances x5, Portuguese VdlP12, Sanabres, Aragones, Norte,Salvador,Primitivo, VdlP 17,Madrid18Norte
Pilgrim Prayers: Johnnie and Stephen have arrived at the Cruz de Fierro and laid the electronic pebble at the foot of the iron cross.

That was beautiful,brought tears to my eyes. Thank you John and Stephen xxx

As Johnnie and Stephen embark on the last week of their journey, here is the story of their adventures between León and O Cebreiro.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Johnnie and Stephen have arrived in Arzúa. Just 40km, 2 days walking left until they reach Santiago de Compostela.

Johnnie and Stephen completed their journey to Santiago today and laid their electronic pebble at the Tomb of Saint James.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

chinacat

Veteran Member
Aug 13, 2009
Thank you, little Sancho and Stephen Quixote, and all who have been a part of this deed: your so very thoughtful and generous undertaking on behalf of us ... we who cannot walk this year, for whatever reason.
Thank you for holding us, our thoughts and prayers, and our hopes for peace, in your hearts.
It has been a joy and a gift to have been able to accompany you ...

Ultreia!

... and warm wishes for Michaelmas!

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Forum! Just to reassure those starting now and the next week, but I was in Roncesvalles last night and, though full and busy, I talked to the hospitalero who told me, there were still 27 empty...
One death attributed to a heart attack last week. Two pelegrinos gored, one seriously. One broken leg and many ending in Pamplona due to knee and leg and ankle injuries. Is it possible to confirm...
Hi everyone -- After walking the Frances from SJpdP last October, I'm planning to revisit the bit between Logrono and Burgos this July, following different stages. It's the section where I had...
I started out from Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port on 1 May. It turned out to be an unforgetable day. Above 1,000 m or so it snowed, catching many people unprepared. Later that day "many" walkers were...
Is there a list of albergues that also have private rooms on the Camino Frances? Gracias.
I'm flying from the USA to start my Camino this week. I will check my backpack, and to protect it, I will ship it in a plastic storage bin like this one: Rather than shipping the storage bin to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides