Weather in SJPP Late Sept/Early Oct?

min200

Jan 19, 2009
Good evening everyone.
Well our camino trip got cut short last month due to my good lady wife taking poorly (shes fine now) but this now means I will be doing the Camino Frances in stages.
With that in mind I have decided to start from SJPP (we started in Burgos before and made it to Leon) on my next two week break from the very end of September.

What are your experiences at this time of the year for weather and number of pilgrims please?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
D

Deleted member 67185

Both times on the Frances were during that same time period. Both times, there were only a couple of days of rain. The daytime can be quite warm, and the early mornings can be cool, bordering on cold later into October; but, as morning matured, the temperatures warmed up nicely.. I found the Fall to be to my liking while walking Camino.

Reactions: min200
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Meggins

Apr 20, 2018
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances - One complete St.J.P.P to Santiago plus twice more for 500km each time.
3 times have walked during this period. Once complete and twice 500km sorties. Dave is spot on and Once I had 1 day of rain and another time taking the bus to Santiago from Astorga it poured immediately I got on the bus and most conveniently stopped just as the bus got into Santiago. --) "..because I'm happy..."

Reactions: min200
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Jul 28, 2012
Bucerias, Mexico
Time of past OR future Camino
2024 Aragones, Madrid, Portugues Coastal
I walked twice starting both times around September 21st. The second time it was raining so hard and it was so windy I waited an extra day to start and was rewarded with a perfect walking day. Overall there was a little rain and a little heat but overall nothing too bad. Keep in mind that this year the long term weather outlook is for an intensely hot, bordering on dangerous heat for the Iberian peninsula this summer. Who knows how hot and for how long these conditions will last. They were talking about 40+C days and hot nights.

Last edited:

min200

Jan 19, 2009
Thank you everyone for your replies. This is my return to the CF to start after Wifey took ill on our last outing.
I didn't realise it was a busy time of year though! I thought it would have started to quieten down late September/early October?

Most read last week in this forum

I did not use Bookings.com during my Camino, but most pilgrims I met did. And from this site it is evident that most people use Bookings at least some of the time. This article is for those of...
Hi all, I have access to data on arrivals of pilgrims to Santiago by day, country, age, gender, departure point, route, reason and means used. Based on this data, I am analysing it to develop a...
Currently I am in Burgos resting up from a knee injury. I am not giving up the possibility of continuing on foot, but in the meantime I would like ideas of options in the event that I can not...
Im planning a November Frances Camino. I have an Altus rain coat that covers me and pack nicely but I’m wondering do I get a backpack cover and wear a hooded shell light jacket over heavier...
....asked me to remind you that May 12 is the Feast of Santo Domingo de la Calzada.
Hi everyone! I'm planning to start on the Camino de Francés, then from Léon I will walk the Camino San Salvador, then the Camino Primitivo and maybe if I have time the Camino de Fisterra. My...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides