• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where can I find... hotels (just off) the camino- CF?

BookGirl305

Time of past OR future Camino
Ingles (after Covid)
Hello!
Some of you may remember me from 2 years ago- I thought I had prepared adequately and made it less than one day- I had the cab come pick me up at the top of Alto de Perdon and ended up spending the rest of my week in Gibraltar with the wild monkeys, licking my wounds and celebrating the Queen's Jubilee in the unlikeliest of places. If it turns out that that one day is the only day I ever spend on the camino, it will have still have been a good day and will be enough, but... it's haunting me to come back and have a cab drop me off at the top of Alto de Perdon and then keep going from there.

I still don't walk very fast and I still can't go very far in one day, so I will never walk a full stage day, but catching back up on the forum has me a bit nervous about accommodation. One thing I have learned since my first time is that you can't schedule life and so I would like to just walk and stop for the day when I am ready without worry about making it to X place because there are no beds.

My question is this- I have tried to find information on traditional hotels (independent or chain) that are near the various parts of the CF route, just in case I need to cab it over to an Ibis because the beds on the trail itself are full where I need to stop. And I have not been able to find that info. I can find a map from Hotels.com or Booking.com that show the properties they offer but not anything comprehensive or a little bit off the trail along the highway. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Let me suggest that you check out the app Mapy.cz. The Camino is marked with a blue line. As you enlarge the map at any given point, you will see the hotels, hostels, and albergues in that area. You can then click on the bed symbol to get further information. This might at least be a starting for you regarding accommodations and their proximity to the CF.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
BookGirl305,

Welcome back to the forum.
The Spanish Gronze Camino Frances on line guide lists all accomodations including hotels for each town on the camino in an east to west sequence. It appears to be constantly updated. A Chrome browser can easily translate the citations.

Here is the link to the section which covers where you last stopped .

Good luck with your research and plans. Whenever/wherever you do walk Buen camino!

If you cannot find the accommodation that you want and you're prepared to get a taxi and stay in a hotel near the Camino. If you click on booking at the bottom of this thread, this is Booking.com. They will show you alternative accommodation near the Camino. If you take as example Larrasoana they show some very nice places and the distance they are from Camino

I still don't walk very fast and I still can't go very far in one day, so I will never walk a full stage day
However far you can walk in a day is a stage day for you. The longest stretch between towns on the Francés after Pamplona is the 17 km between Carrión de los Condes and Calzadilla de la Cueva, and it's really flat.

1000025712.jpg

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

I did not use Bookings.com during my Camino, but most pilgrims I met did. And from this site it is evident that most people use Bookings at least some of the time. This article is for those of...
Currently I am in Burgos resting up from a knee injury. I am not giving up the possibility of continuing on foot, but in the meantime I would like ideas of options in the event that I can not...
Hi all, just a quickie, Has anyone else noticed that the older you get, the larger the ratio of medication: kit you carry in your rucksack? This time round it appears to be around 60% walking...
Hi there, I will be walking Camino Primitivo soon and I still have some questions that you could maybe help me to answer. As I would like to avoid to bring unnecessary things with me. 1. I do...
A nice warm soak eases tired bones, and I was just wondering if there are any Thermal Spas along the Camino Frances
The Holy See has published details concerning the 2025 Roman Jubilee of Hope here : https://www.vatican.va/content/francesco/en/bulls/documents/20240509_spes-non-confundit_bolla-giubileo2025.html...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back