A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

I got the single bed - Redecilla del Camino
paul.ferris

I got the single bed - Redecilla del Camino

Hospital de San Lazaro was a comfortable community albergue right in the centre of downtown Redecilla del Camino. With a good Cafe/Bar/Restaurant just a couple of doors away. Small luxuries are appreciated - like your own bed.

Redecilla del Camino has special meaning for me. I stayed in this very room on my 9th day on the Camino; May 31, 2012. My bed was on the left, behind the camera close to the doorway. A 2"x2" square blister on my right foot knocked me off the Camino and I had to let my Camino family move on without me. Strangely, and in this tiny village of all places, a holistic foot nurse (office across the street) sterilized my blister and dressed it. This woman, whose name I never knew, is credited with my successful journey into Santiago 21 days later. I call what happened a miracle. P.S. My Camino family did come back for me and we entered Santiago de Compostela together.

Does anyone have a solution to the sensation on your bare feet when climbing on those narrow metal rungs on the bunk ladder?

@paul.ferris Get a lower bunk:). That being said, wear your shower Sandles or after alternate camino shoes. Be careful, sandles, especially rubber sandles, can slip or break real easy . Buen Camino

Happy Trails

Media information

Category
Camino Frances
Added by
paul.ferris
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device
SONY DCR-SX45
Aperture
ƒ/1.8
Focal length
2.8 mm
Exposure time
1/60
Filename
DSC00072.JPG
File size
139.3 KB
Date taken
Fri, 26 April 2013 11:42 AM
Dimensions
640px x 480px

Share this media

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock