• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Resource icon

Galician Mojon (distance marker) Specifications... 1.0

No permission to download
Attached is the file previously discussed with several Forum members over the past few weeks. I am still dealing with jet lag, but managed to find the originals last night, just before the jet lag knocked me out for the night…at 8 PM.

I just now combined my actual field measurements from April 2016, together with the actual Xunta de Galicia mojon specifications (originally appearing in la Voz de Galicia in early 2016.) Sorry for the size, but the original was too large to fit on a US letter sized page. So, I scaled it to fit the page. However, everything is legible.

I understand there are folks out there interested in having real stone markers cut for their gardens…. I want them to have the correct specifications. Also, I am aware that there is at least one firm in Germany offering SCALED DOWN models of the marker. But for those who want the "real deal," I am offering these specifications.

For the record, using the Apple iOS Maps app. sitting at my desk at home, the precise metric distance for MY mojon will be 6,591 km. That is from my home in South Florida to the bronze marker at the center of Plaza de Obradoiro, from where ALL distances to Santiago de Compostela are measured. Try it from your home, just for yuks… and for use on YOUR custom made mojon. BTW, when in Santiago this past month, I did the reciprocal measurement from the bronze marker in the plaza. The result was the same.

See attached .pdf file. You may choose to rotate it before printing. But it printed fine on my printer. I just tested it.

One note, I neglected to include that the measurement from the top of the ceramic concha and the front, top edge of the mojon face side is exactly 3.5 cm or 35 mm.

Hope this helps.
1535215938721.png
Author
t2andreo
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from t2andreo

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.
This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back