Who would enjoy this book? Anyone who:
- Loves reading outdoor adventure books.
- Has a good life, but wants to have an amazing one.
- Wants to learn more about the Appalachian Trail.
- Dislikes preachy self-help books, but doesn't mind getting some useful ideas presented in a light tone.
- Is stuck in a rut and is looking for some inspiration to make important changes.
- Likes to support starving writers.
Unlike the typical self-help book, Hike Your Own Hike
- Provides an entertaining, flowing tale as a backdrop.
- Draws all its lessons from the adventure of walking the entire Appalachian Trail.
- Doesn't take itself so darn seriously!
Unlike the typical travelogue, Hike Your Own Hike:
- Is not all about the author, it's about what YOU can get out of the story.
- Delivers practical ideas that help you squeeze more out of life.
- Recounts a challenging southbound thru-hike versus the typical northbound thru-hike (less than 10% hike southbound).