• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Resource icon

Walking for women with breast cancer in Timor-Leste 2016-05-20

No permission to download
I have two reasons for wanting to undertake my everydayhero campaign.
Please visit this website to check it out:)
https://give.everydayhero.com/au/walking-for-women-with-breast-cancer-in-timor-leste-haliku-i
In 2000 in East Timor, following the referendum in 1999 and over a period of 3 years, I worked in the Land and Property office, Public Service Sector and Serious Crimes Unit in Timor-Leste. I saw first hand the desperate situation faced by women, suffering a myriad of health problems and requiring medical treatment that was just not available, but more than that absolutely unaffordable. The situation is still much the same.
The second reason is that I myself have battled with breast cancer, in fact was diagnosed 2 months post Camino Frances in 2013. I had wanted to do the Camino Primitivo the following year (2014) but unfortunately, due to a long drawn out treatment, had to postpone it until last year. What a wonderful experience that was, and why had I waited until then to continue on from Santiago to Finisterre!
I have just had a successful 2 year check up - my mammogram is clear at this time. It is for this reason that I have decided to walk 817.5 kms in 31 days according to Cicerone, having 4 days rest along the way and in doing so raise funds for HALIKU ("I choose to get better"), whose aim it is to raise awareness in the community of the symptoms and treatment options for women with breast cancer.
Author
chinalil
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.
This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back