• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

10 days in November

marc3l

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPP-Santiago (2013)
Hi All,

I am planning to have 10 days camino in November, starting the walk around mid Nov.

I will have 15 days in Europe, but I am planning to visit Lourdes/maybe spending a night there and 3 nights at Rome. I will be travelling alone, had done CF SJPP-Santiago in 2 splits 2012/2013...and yeahh, it is addicted My biggest concern is about the weather, as I have no experience with winter/snow (moreover walking in this weather...well, in May 2013 was walking in snow to O'Cebreiro...but it is only 1 day . I live in a tropical country (Singapore), and have done some trekking/hiking in Indonesia (last April in Japan), but always in hot/mild weather.

Those dates in Nov is the only time I get the approval from work...I need to use it before getting expired at year end I read the forum and some blog about the kit list, limited accomodation, weather, etc. I guess it should be fine with adequate preparation (equipment) and always follow local advise?

Any suggestion about which route should I take (considering the weather...even it is quite difficult to predict weather nowadays)....I am also open to any other Camino routes. Hope have the opportunity to return in future.

Thanks for help.
M

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I plan to be walking in November too
Buen camino

Dax
In Pune, (a work in progress)

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum