• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

LIVE from the Camino 14 Apr 15 -- Endless Walking

Grogan

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francis (April 2015)
14 April 2015 -- Calzadilla to Vilarente 30 Kms

Got a 0800 start -- not bad, but will have to start getting up a bit earlier -- I have about 15 kms to make up in the next two weeks to stay on track with link up with my wife in Santiago -- did have a great breakfast -- farm fresh eggs, bacon and coffee -- better then the Pilgrim's toast -- ughhhh!

Beautiful Morning to walk -- started out by myself and then ran into Tim and Karan -- a great couple from Chicago -- this part of the adventure was challenging - not physically, but mentally -- walked 18 kms before we got to Reliegos and signs of civilization -- I did however take one nice break -- took off boots, laid back on the rucksack and chilled for about 30 mins -- was nice.

So entered the town of Reliegos and I am drawn to the The Bar Elvis -- One word -- Eccentric -- no other way to describe it --- ran into a bunch of the Camino Family here -- Ben, Swedish Ladies, Chicago Couple and a Dane from my First Camino Family -- apparently his wife had to leave early due to a family emergency - was good to see him. The owner of the Bar Elvis or whatever you call this place likes to whistle -- so you actually hear him whistling sitting outside - go figure -- but his place -- his rules --

Nice slow walk towards Leon - stopped about 10 kms short -- staying at a really cool Albergue for 10 euros -- recommended by Tim and Karen -- dead on -- just a neat place -- called Alergue San Pelayo -- highly recommend -- I did the old bunk with the masses thing and no complaints -- bathroom, shower facilities top notch -- Pilgrim's dinner -- filling -- my two roommates -- will they were quality snorers --

Buen Camino

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I loved the Elvis Bar! I had intended to stop in for just one beer, ended up staying for several hours! I threw me off schedule but it was worth it!

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum