• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

17 days in September, on the camino

NB Kevin

Hi.
My wife and I have been talking for years about making the pilgrimage to Santiago, and now find that we have 17 days available to walk on the Camino in September '07. We would like to start in Burgos or Leon and get to Santiago within 17 days.
Where is the best place to start if we factor in a day or two for "unforeseen" delays? Burgos? Leon? Or somewhere else?
Once we can fix a starting point, all plans will flow from there.

We intend to return the following year and complete the front end, starting in SJSP.

Thanks for the help,
Kevin in Canada

A selection of Camino Jewellery
"...Once we can fix a starting point, all plans will flow from there...We intend to return the following year and complete the front end, starting in SJSP..."

An interesting combination may be the Camino Portugues + on to Fisterra...

Buen Camino :arrow:

xm

Hello Kevin,

Starting from Burgos with a couple built in "extra days" is going to be much more of a challenge - 15 days to cover 500 KMs (300 miles) - than Leon (versus 300 KM's or 180 miles).

It all depends on your physical ability, but I'd say start from Leon, take your time and enjoy the Camino and all the villages in between! If you have extra time left over, I like xm's suggestion of continuing to Finisterra (add 3 more days).

Good luck and bueno camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back