• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés

A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Favorite albergues, 2019 version.

No permission to download
Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 1.05.37 PM.png

Albergues on the Camino Francés

There are over 450 albergues along the camino. And the number is increasing every year. In this summary a selection has been made of the most favorite albergues, based on the reviews from previous year's pilgrims, as well as on my own experience. The reviews were found on German, English, French, Dutch, Italian and Spanish websites and forums as well as in guides such as 'the CaminoGuide.net', 'das gelbe Heft' from the Jakobsfreunde Paderborn, the Camino Francés from the Confraternity of St. James etc.
Author
Ton van Tilburg
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings

Latest updates

1. Favorite albergues, 2019 version.

Favorite albergues, 2019 version. Uploaded June 2019.
  2. 2018 version

Favorite albergues, 2018 version. Uploaded February 22nd 2018
  3. April 2017 update

Added 15 new albergues Changed some rankings Dropped a few albergues

Latest reviews

I am contemplating another trip from SJPdP to Santiago de Compostela. I last did the trip in 2016 and used the guide then. I'll be using some of the same accommodation I used before, but I'm going to take advantage of some of the alternatives and use some I failed to get into last time. There are some absolute gems on this list.
Thank you to all contributors of this list. Very useful, this will definitely helps me a lot during my Camino.
Very well done! Albergues are the only thing on my upcoming April 2020 Camino adventure that I'm nervous about and your list is fantastic!!! I really appreciate your effort and time spent creating and updating it! Thanks, Anna
What an AMAZING document. Thank you SO much for taking the time to create it and keep it updated. You are greatly appreciated. PS. I thought I was a formatting guru but you sir, are incomparable.
Huge appreciation for this resource . I used this in 2017 and 2018 . It enhanced my memories and the brilliant experience.
Thanks for all your hard work 👍 x
I used this all across the Francés last year. Excellent resource! I'm going back on 2020, so I'm glad to see an update. Thank you to all involved in this huge undertaking!
Excellent resource which I have shared on my own Camino Group.
Muy buen ranking, yo he seguido varias veces tu guía de albergues y la verdad que muy bien. Gracias
This is an excellent resource that never led me astray. I used this guide to choose accommodation whenever possible and it always worked out to be a memorably pleasant experience.
Where do I see this list?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.
This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back