• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

2024 Chemin du Piemont planning - lodging help please!!

Cfordstrom

Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy to Cahors 2022
Cahors to SJPDP 2023
After walking the Le Puy route the last 2 summers my daughter and I are returning to France this June to walk from Carcassonne to Lourdes (and possibly SJPDP). For many reasons we need to book our lodging ahead. If you would like more information about why we need to experience our camino this way please just ask.
As expected finding places to stay within 25 km from each other is more challenging on this route than Le Puy. I have hit a bit of a road block in a few areas so far.

Any suggestions for the following places??
Saint-Victor-Rouzaud ( I have sent requests to La Marie (no response) Chateau Hille (no availability) and La Pause Nature (no response).
La Grausse - I have sent a request to Le Chateau (no response)
Cazaunous - requests sent to Le Resclose and chez Marie David but no response from either.

I am pretty well versed in what the internet has to offer in terms of lodging lists, videos, blogs... and I have the Topo guide and the Lepere guide. I use www.godesalco.com and mongr.fr to help me figure out stages.

If you have specific recommendations for the above places I would really appreciate the help. And/or if you know of an organization that can help with these kinds of logistics (calling and speaking in French to make inquiries/reservations) that would be great too.

Thank you!!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi @Cfordstrom Sorry you are having difficulty. We walked the Piemont in April 2022. Accommodation and distances can be challenging for sure. We didn't' have the need to book everything in advance, sometimes calling or emailing just a day or two ahead, but I can understand in your situation you'd like to get things nailed down.

In terms of the places you have contacted but not yet received a response - given that we are only in mid February, that's not unusual on the French paths, and even more so on the Piemont which sees few pilgrims.

As you are not walking until June, I'd not be too concerned at this stage, and perhaps try contacting again in April.

By way of reassurance - I hope. We walked right at the beginning of 'the season', starting in Carcassonne on 1 April, so our accommodation options were more limited than they would be in June. But we still always had a place to stay and rarely walked more than 25 kms. On two occasions, where we were having difficulty, we found excellent and inexpensive accommodation via Airbnb - in one case a room and in another case an apartment. So that could be worth considering. And the inbuilt translation makes for easy communication.

Bon chemin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your input. You are totally right about timing and it still being so early in the season. I also know that uncertainty of the path is all part of the experience. It’s just hard to balance that with wanting my daughter to feel safe. Your very kind guidance is reassuring. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, The time approaches for the 7 day walk from Lourdes to SJPDP. We will start next tuesday. However, at this moment the weather forecast isn't encouraging -> rain every day for a...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back