• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

24 days - where to start?

Monostratos

Hello all.

I have around 24 days to walk the Camino. I was wondering if it's realistic to start in Pamplona - and if not, where would you recommend?

I am in my prime, in good shape and used to long treks, although I don't want to rush it.

Please help, need to book tickets soon

Love,
Morten

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
From Pamplona it is still 705 km to Santiago and you would have to average about 30 km per day to do it in 24 days. That is doable but IMO would be rushing it.

Thanks for your fast reply.

I suppose you're right. I'm considering starting from Logrono instead. That would give me a 25km/day average. Is it fairly easy to get there by bus from Pamplona? Or would anyone recommend a different starting location?

Tickets are booked Arriving in Pamplona on September 3rd in the evening and leaving from Santiago on the 28th. Getting really excited.

Morten

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Re:

Yes, there's several buses between Pamplona and Logroño everyday.

Check http://www.laestellesa.com

Three direct buses (one hour) and several stopping everywhere (two hours)

I also believe is better to begin in Logroño.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum