• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

^5! To Sonya of Albergue Izar in Viana

DeadFred

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
St Jean-Los Arcos ,Sept, Oct 14'
Los Arcos - Logrono-May16'
Next Logrono to ? - Sept 2019
Twice Ive been to Albergue Izar and both times I was treated wonderfully by the owner Sonya .
The first time was when I injured my leg and upon checkout was waiting for a ride to take me to B&B for a couple days rest . She let stay in the community room until my ride came to get me a 3pm. The second time was after I returned from the B&B and was staying there when I asked her at 6 pm if there was a restaurant nearby to get a meal . (Dinner was at 8pm that night in the albergue) she told me to have a seat and commenced in making me a tasty meal . This was above and beyond my normal experiences I have had at other albergues .

I didnt thank her enough so I thought that I would continue to thank her here .

Joe

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I stayed in Albergue Izar, in May 2014. Sonya was very friendly and helpful. Good accommodation. I would stay there again.

Most read last week in this forum