• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

A spot to place a stone

Perejil

Is there an equivalent place to the Cruz de Ferrol along the Via de la Plata Cameno where pilgrims lay a stone symbolising what they want to leave behind before rebirth on the last part of the Cameno? As part of my Cameno I'd like to lay a stone and unload precedent life burdens.
There is a stone cross to peregrinyos who died on Cameno between Laza and Sandias but it doesn't sound like it has the same significants.
I plan to walk Verin to Santiago, and may consider extending the walk to start at Broganca (Portugal).

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Not a clue, my friend... I have seen a few in some granite formations but it seemed like an "ad hoc" approach. Not a place, as far as I can remember between Sevilla and Salamanca

Cruz de Ferro is naught but a cairn meant to mark the high point of the Camino between Astorga and Ponferrada.

There is no basis for the tradition that has arisen to 'lay a stone symbolizing what they want to leave behind before rebirth on the later part of the camino'. Leaving stones is just paintless graffiti saying 'I was here'.

Hence there is no place on the Camino Plata for leaving bricks best left as paving stones in your yard.

Take only photos. Leave only footprints.

Last edited by a moderator:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
take no photographs. let the wind take your footprints. your memories are your photographs and the camino leaves its footprints rerein your heart.
the malingerer.

buen camino!

take no photographs. let the wind take your footprints. your memories are your photographs and the camino leaves its footprints rerein your heart.
the malingerer.

buen camino!
sorry about the spelling

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The Stackers put stones on every mojone, usually just road gravel and not something from home. Trailside crosses and memorials are usually covered with stones.

Most read last week in this forum