• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Albergue Santiagomendi - no reservation possible

Michael; Camino-addicted

Take your time to enjoy a beautiful moment
Time of past OR future Camino
A few Caminos
Next plan - Camino de Baztan
Hola peregrinos

I asked via E-Mail at the Albergue Santiagomendi (6 km before Hernani), if it´s possible to make a reservation now for May 2019.

The answer said, it´s not possible to make a reservation months or weeks in advance, they give you a "yes" or "no" earliest a few days before.

Telefon: 0034/610849345

Best wishes

Michael

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi, Michael,
I think that what this may mean is that pilgrims get to fill in the gaps after the groups reserve. It is inconceivable to me that a hiking club or a school group can't reserve. They would have to have their plans confirmed well in advance. May is probably not a high traffic month for these albergues, but I have found that in summer (particularly walking at the beginning of the Olvidado in June), the non-pilgrim-specific albergues were all filled.

Yes I think there is no reservation possible for a single person but it is for a group. I will phone them when I'm in Spain - we will see.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!