• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Albergues between Olveira and Maronas

Time of past OR future Camino
FRuture: Camino Sureste (2022)
Dear Forum Members,

I will be walking the Finisterre/Muxia route and back to Santiago between the 29th November and 6th December 2017 (next week). I have a slight doubt about the availability of albergues during this time of the year.
In fact I tried to contact and book most of them as I am aware that a number of them will be closed.
I tried to contact two albergues beween Oliveira and Maronas. These are meanth to be open according to guide books.
I tried online and also by phone but I am not getting any response from albergue Ponte Oliveira and also Casa Pepa (S. Marina)
I wonder if anyone has information about these albergues.... if they are open at this time of the year and will it be a problem to find any other albergue in these areas.

Thanks a lot and looking forward for any feedback,
Ray Aquilina,
Malta

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi, I stayed at Casa Pepa at the end of Nov 4 years ago. It is a small bar / restaurant, family-owned and run, so, unless there is a family crisis, it will be open. A lovely couple, but they do not speak English, so use Google-Translate, and send a simple email again in Spanish. I was the only person staying there that night and it was one of my favourite places.
Jill

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
It is an easy 7 km walk from Ponte Olveira where the albergue closes end of October to Olveiroa where the municipal albergue is open all year and there is also a fine private pension with good food, As Pias. In recent years I have often eaten in their small back dining room with the wonderful fireplace although I always stayed in the municipal albergue

See full citations here --
https://www.gronze.com/galicia/coruna/olveiroa.

Good luck and Buen camino!

Last edited:
Greetings Ray and camino friend! Wishing you a great walk and as always Buen Camino.

Greetings Ray and camino friend! Wishing you a great walk and as always Buen Camino.
Thanks a lot my friends ....your feedbsck helps a lot..This is my first Camino off peak season and I am sure it will be a doffrret experiemce.
Regards,
Ray

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Hi
I spent one night 3 days before. It was open:good food, nice dormitory, everything was great. Try to call :+34981852881 or It was open 3 days ago :nice guys, nice albergue. Everything is good
Try to call :
+34686234342
Or +34981852881

Hi
I spent one night 3 days before. It was open:good food, nice dormitory, everything was great. Try to call :+34981852881 or
It was open 3 days ago :nice guys, nice albergue. Everything is good
Try to call :
+34686234342
Or +34981852881

The OP was walking last December