• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Albergues Norte

Vuk

Time of past OR future Camino
Norte (2018), Primitivo (2018)
Dear all,
I'm planning to start my first Camino in July, and I chose the Norte. I was wondering, as it will be high season will it be difficult to find a bed in albergues for peregrinos please ? And would you advise me to reserve before and if yes, how can it be done please ?
Any other tip is also welcome
Thanks a lot,
Vuk

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
My son and I did the last 300km in early August 2017. On the whole no problems and only once did we have to walk on. There are many more albergues than a few years ago, but you may have to stay at a pension or local small hotel at times (not a bad idea to get a decent shower and bed now and again). If you are solo you should be OK the vast majority of nights. My advice would be to gauge the number of pilgrims you are meeting with as you walk along and what others are saying, and book ahead if you feel a problem might be in the works. Check the Gronze website (Google Gronze + camino) and click the link to the Norte. It is a Spanish website but the list of all accommodations along each stage is easy to understand; cost per night and number of beds in the albergues are provided, so the latter can give you a sense of whether there might be a problem for you on any given day. The unknown for any pilgrim is the arrival of significant groups of people at one of the smaller centres but you can't really plan for that. Good luck.

Thanks a lot, this really helps me, have a great day !

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum