• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

An unusual Camino by rowing boat and on foot

Bradypus

Migratory hermit
Time of past OR future Camino
Too many and too often!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Off the Rowed. It will be a big Hitt.

Great, however, is promoting awareness of particular causes what the Camino is about? What do we promote next? Doesn't this make it a little too commercial (i.e. your selling something)?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Great, however, is promoting awareness of particular causes what the Camino is about? What do we promote next? Doesn't this make it a little too commercial (i.e. your selling something)?
There is nothing to take exception to in this post. Nobody is selling anything, least of all Bradypus. The post is publicizing a fund-raising (for charity) activity based on the camino. This is nothing novel. The camino has been used in this way many times by many individuals and organisations and many, including me, would argue this is a worthier motive than many of the reasons given for walking the camino. As for what the camino is all about, I shall say nothing about that on this post and humbly request other forum members not to either.

There is quite a history of doing a Camino for charity. One of the first modern Camino memoirs, A Hug for the Apostle by Laurie Dennett (one of the Camino luminaries honoured by a huge mural portrait on a building along the Camino) tells of how she walked to raise awareness and funding for MS. It seems a lot less commercial then the medieval history of walking to Santiago on behalf of someone else for a fee.

I wouldn't worry so much about it.

Most read last week in this forum