• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Arriving Barcelona 27 April 2022

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I've never done that journey so my suggestion is to plug "Barcelona to St Jean Pied de Port" into the search box to the upper right of this page.
You'll get plenty of ideas from there I'll be betting.
Good Travelling and Buen Camino Austin!
Regards
Gerard

Thanks - will do

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Have you tried using app? www.Rome2rio
A screen shot of the resulting options below.

Attachments

• 6A1BF0C5-B317-4756-8F15-6F67FF0897EC.jpeg
    252.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 5B07A637-AD85-4525-8E18-521CE232B21E.jpeg
    282.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Thanks … just downloaded it and it looks great
Cheers
Austin
Yes -it’s good for anywhere, anytime other than camino too. Just drill down into your preference to get more info. It can even take you to bookings if you feel comfortable. I often use it just to see how I can link from places.
My thanks from years back getting the heads up from @mspath

Buen camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Two recent discussions this past month on this very topic with loads of information. Use the search on this site and you’ll find them.

Hi
I’m arriving in Barcelona by plane on 27 April and somehow getting to SJPP … any thoughts appreciated-
Thanks
Austin
Hi Austinpaterson,
I think that your first step is Barcelona to Pamplona.
There are two options. I prefer train.
https://venta.renfe.com/vol/search.do?c=_un4R&back=true

https://www.monbus.es/en/routes-points-of-sale#viajero1

From Pamplona to SJPP you have to wait. I think ALSA have to update his web next month.

I wish you enjoy your time in Barcelona.

Ultreia.

I walked from Barcelona to Santiago last year if you need anything please message me / it’s an awesome walk but does have it’s difficulties not a good first time Camino I don’t think - safe travels - cheers!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi
I’m arriving in Barcelona by plane on 27 April and somehow getting to SJPP … any thoughts appreciated-
Thanks
Austin
I"m also planning on traveling from Barcelona to St Jean, Leaving on the 27th,
what time does your plane arrive?
I'm looking at taking the train BArcelona to Pamplona,,,morning train 09:30 arrives in pamplona apx,, 13;30..
( 1:30 afternoon) I contacted the borrow company to seems they provide rides from pamplona to St. jean, I'm waiting for times and pricing. let me know if this is feasable for you, we could share cost of shuttle,,,, or take bus to st jean,,, anyway let me know your thoughts...
Respectfully
Clifford Clement

Thanks Cliff,
I have now booked my bus to SJPP from Pamplona … staying one night in Pamplona on 27th-
Cheers
Austin

Hi Austinpaterson,

And this is your second step.

https://www.alsa.com/en/web/bus/che...&jsonAlsaPassPassenger=&jsonVoucherPassenger=

Ultreia¡

Most read last week in this forum