• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

ATM's Zamora -Ourense

intrepidtraveler

Time of past OR future Camino
Caminos Madrid, Frances and Finisterre (2015)
Camino Norte-2017; Camino Ingles from A Coruna - 2017
A question for anyone who has walked the VDLP- Sanabres. Are there ATM's from bigger banks (Caixa, Santander ) available on this stretch? Smaller places like Liberbank and Caixa Rural won't take my bank card so it would be helpful to know before I leave Zamora.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We didn't have a problem with ATMs on that stretch as the banks you mentioned are pretty well everywhere.

I had a bit of stress on this stretch last year - I forgot to withdraw cash in Puebla de Sanabria and I was told that there weren't any ATMs in the villages and towns between there and A Gudina. Fortunately, I was able to use my credit card to get dinner and drinks with a side of cash at Bar Estrella in Lubian. In A Gudina, there were a couple of regional banks. My card failed in one ATM and worked in another. I'll be walking this camino again next year and I'll carry more cash.
SYates wrote a very good description of the towns and facilities on this stretch
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...-february-abril-2016.38377/page-2#post-391453

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum