• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

August 30, 2019 Start from Irun

Suzanne S.

Time of past OR future Camino
(15) Frances (17) Port
(19) Norte (24) Ebro, Inv.
I am announcing with excited trepidation (or trepidatious excitement) that I have purchased airline tickets! If all goes according to "plan," I will be walking El Camino del Norte from Irun beginning August 30. I am curious how many of you will be heading out from there or nearby on or near that date. I would love to be able to cross paths with folks I have "talked" with on this forum.

Now, I've got to train like crazy.

If I could only figure out how to put it on the Calendar... (Yay! I just did!!!)

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Buena camino. I expect to be starting at Bilbao 9/17. I did irun to Bilbao last spring and it was very difficult for me so I switched to the Portuguese way. I hope to get back out there in the fall

Buena camino. I expect to be starting at Bilbao 9/17. I did irun to Bilbao last spring and it was very difficult for me so I switched to the Portuguese way. I hope to get back out there in the fall
Buen Camino, @Brianne! I hope to see you on the way! Keep me posted with your plans!!!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I'll be up on del Norte in various places (until the last 100km), all of August and 2 weeks of September!

Now, I've got to train like crazy.
I have one word for you - HILLS!
Do as much training on hills as you absolutely can. That first week is like walking over the Pyrenees several times a day! Up and down and up and down...

I have one word for you - HILLS!
Do as much training on hills as you absolutely can. That first week is like walking over the Pyrenees several times a day! Up and down and up and down...
Exactamente! I can vouch for that right now ...lots of hills and not small ones snowed last night. Above Markena after the rain and now 5 minutes of sun then heavy rain expected today

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum