• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Azofraaaa!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
We called it a Pilgrims' Resort. I had gorgeous weather that day so I bought a bottle of rosé and spent the day chatting with friends in the shade, surrounded but hanging laundry. Enjoy!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
LOVE that albergue....so much!!!

I just have to throw a spanner in the works here. Anyone who is doing the camino in the winter don't get excited. When I was in Azofra in March 2010 the main albergue was shut and we had a bug ridden barracks to sleep in, by bugs, in this case ,I am referring to beetles etc.!
I may have been unlucky but I imagine it usually closes over winter. I thought the blurb I read about the place was too good to be true and for us it was :cry:
Sue

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I left Logroño 14/09/2011 6:00 heading to Najera.
I arrived at Najera around 16:00
There were a lot of people. There was a long queue. It was very hot, I saw through the door many beds, less place to put things and few shower facilities.
I said: no more, so I took my stuff a headed for Azofra in full heat (30 C)
I survived on some Rioja grapes, I had just enough water to wash them.
After 1h30 I arrived in Azofra and had the fifth last bed.
PARADISE !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I met again the "French Connection" (Charles, Alain, Gerard,...)
Alain sang for me "Je ne regrette rien" (Edith Piaf). It s on video.
I m trying now to catch up again the French Connection but they must be far ahead.....

Bummer! I was there in late April 2010 and it was open and it was glorious!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Well, sorry, but I have a different opinion.
We found bedbugs in Fall of 2009 when we were there.
Had to try several rooms until I found a bug-free bed.

I much preferred the parochial in Azofra where I stayed in 2006 -- but alas, it was closed.

The people were lovely, however.
And the village itself is wonderful!

I did a blog on the festival we attended (with photos)
You can read it at this link:
http://caminosantiago2.blogspot.com/2011/08/grape-harvest-festival-in-azofra-spain.html

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum