• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Baggage Transfer Help (Porto- Santiago, Central Route)

Fozzie

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2017
Hello All! I am starting walking 12 days from Porto to Santiago on the central route. I need to get my bag transferred from town to town. I would like to stay in the Municipal Albergues (Pilgrims Accommodation) BUT I have heard you cannot book the Municipal Albergues AND you CANNOT have your pack dropped off at them. I am stressing about this and could use some advice. I was thinking of getting my bag shipped to a "hotel" in each town and then just walk to the Municipal Albergue. . .thoughts?

I am using the John Briely Guide book but it seems the accommodation he has listed is limited.

Thanks Everyone.

Kim

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I doubt many hotels would appreciate having backpacks left in their lobby for them to look after only to have their owners show up to collect them and vanish, s'ending their € elsewhere.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
@JohnnieWalker, @wisepilgrim, @Albertinho , and @Rainerbernd may have some helpful advice for you. Welcome to the Forum, Kim, and Buen Camino.
Faith
I gave Kim allready an advise in another post here today.
I doubt many hotels would appreciate having backpacks left in their lobby for them to look after only to have their owners show up to collect them and vanish, s'ending their € elsewhere.
I agree with you Anemone. You cannot do so ! If anybody on the caminho should do so !

Most read last week in this forum