• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Bayonne to Irun

Bob-S

Time of past OR future Camino
September "2014"
I start the Del Norte on Tuesday - is there a direct train or bus to Irun from Bayonne?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
How are you getting to Bayonne?
If it is by train from Paris the SNCF train line runs to the frontier at Hendaye. From Hendaye you can take a local shuttle train into Irun or even walk across the border. For more on Hendaye to Irun see this earlier Forum thread.

Last edited:

I am flying to Biarritz.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
From the airport I walked a few hundred meters to the south to the railwaystation.
There I took a train to Hendaye, bought a real french croissant, crossed the bridge between France and Spain and the start of the Camino del Norte, walked on a little to Irun.
Started wondering what I was doing here in the first place, it was raining very hard.
Found the albergue. It's camino time again!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I walked last September from the airport to Hendaye in a day. Stupendous when one got to Bidart and then along the coast the whole way. It is a great start and quite a contrast from the Norte. There was also the possibility to get ferry from the Hendaye waterfront across to Spain and then walking along the coast towards San Sebastián. I wish I had done that as Irun was not particulary endearing. The albergue at Hendaye near the station was not nice.

Sound very easy Thank you and I might also have a croissant!!

Most read last week in this forum