• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Bayonne to St Jean Pied du Port by foot

gypsy9

Hello
I noted that it is possible to walk El Camino beginning in Bayonne (Camino Baztan on Caminoguide.net). There is a fork in the road at Ustaritz- the left road leads to St Jean Pied de Port and then the right is the Baztan route which bypasses St Jean and the Pyrenees.
I was wondering whether anyone on this forum had walked from Bayonne to St Jean Pied du Port?
And if so, how far by foot?
and how is the path?
I still would like to visit St Jean and then to (slowly) climb the Pyrenees.
So, I was wondering what the walk would be like beginning in Bayonne....just a thought at this stage...
Or better to begin (as is tradition) in St Jean Pied du Port?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks Falcon...
I think I shall save my "reserves" and catch the train to St Jean Pied de Port!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum