• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Belorado nearest airport and buses /trains to Belorado

Teresa TB

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese way
Hi There,
Last year I had to cut my pilgriamge short at Belorado due to an ankle injury,
But I am returning this year to finish. I am travelling from Ireland on the 11th August(sunday) and want to commence my walk in Belorado. Does anyone know where I should fly into ?? Biarritz?? Are there connecting trains and/or buses to Belorado. Even though I left Belarado last year by bus to Burgos , I cannot seem to find one.
Any help advice would be really welcome.
Gracias.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Teresa,

I did that journey a few years ago. I flew to Madrid and took a bus from Terminal 4 to Burgos (2 hours 30 mins), followed by a local bus to Belorado. Flying to Bilbao is also an option - there are regular buses from Bilbao city centre to Burgos (journey time from 1hour 45 mins).

The tricky part is aligning the bus departures with your flight arrival times - but it's very doable with the early morning flights. You can check the bus times on the Alsa website - it probably won't show you the August dates, so just check for Sundays in e.g. April or May.

The Rome2Rio website might also be helpful.

Happy planning and Buen Camino!

Fly into Madrid, and then you can take a bus to Belorado.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Fly into Madrid, and then you can take a bus to Belorado.
PLM has two daily buses from Madrid that stop in Belorado, 7:00 and 15:00. The trip takes just a hair over 3 hours.

Are there connecting trains and/or buses to Belorado. Even though I left Belarado last year by bus to Burgos, I cannot seem to find one.
You probably travelled with Autobuses Jimenez. Check the timetables for BURGOS - LOGROÑO - ZARAGOZA as well as RESTO DE LINEAS. Frequent connections throughout the day.

There are buses from bilbao to Belorado and back

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum