• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Best Bag Transfer Service?

MichaelF4

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portuguese Coastal 2017
Camino Frances 2018
Camino Frances, Camino Invierno 2019
Hi Fellow Walkers,

Any picks for best service to use for a bag transfer on the coastal route?

Thanks,

Mike

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
We used Secur. Our bags were sent to our address on a Friday. No one was there so when we arrived we had no gear. We couldn't get bags till Monday Couldn't contact them Had to change travel while waiting.
So make sure you send them to an albergue or staffed hotel

I'm hoping to find a service that uses an app or other means to allow some flexibility. I'll be carrying most of my gear but need access to my duffel every few days. I have to bring my work laptop with me and don't want to carry it.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
We just used Tuitrans 2 days ago. Contacted via email after 8 pm and they responded and picked up our packs around 9am next day. When we got to our next stop, they were there waiting for us. Only 7euro each. We were satisfied.
Ihad already looked into their service and was happy to hear our host also recommended their services.

I'm hoping to find a service that uses an app or other means to allow some flexibility. I'll be carrying most of my gear but need access to my duffel every few days. I have to bring my work laptop with me and don't want to carry it.

Hi Michael and welcome to the Forum.

These threads may be helpful as well: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...ansfer-on-portugese-camino.47098/#post-502865
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/bag-transport-on-portuguese.38112/#post-372731

You can see what works for you depending on your starting town.

Enjoy all the planning and Buen Camino!
Faith

Most read last week in this forum