• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Best place to start a one week walk

Jnlee99

Time of past OR future Camino
Past: SJPdP -> Santo Domingo de la Calzada
Future: Santo Domingo de la Calzada -> Santiago
Hi, I have been planning for, for forever it seems, to do the full walk from SJPDP which would require more than 30 days that I am not able to take this year, so I have decided to take a smaller bite at a time instead of waiting...

For one week walk, actually taking off 1.5 week to account for the travel, what is the best route? I plan to return to complete the full route at some point, hopefully without having to repeat the same route - least until I have completed least one full route.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
From Sarria takes about five days. From O Cebreiro takes about eight days. From Ponferrada takes about nine days. Ponferrada and Sarria are easy to get to. O Cebreiro is a bit more difficult.

Buen Camino.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Hi, Jnlee and welcome.
If you can swing it try to start in Ponferrada. The walk up to O Cebreiro and then down is so beautiful and green(when are you going by the way?) You might even take in Samos, a magnificent monastery. Wherever you start you will have a most wonderful experience, I'm sure of it. Buen Camino.

Jnlee:

If you are walking this Summer or early Fall you might want to try the Camino Salvador. It runs from Leon to Oviedo. It is a beautiful walk but more remote than the Frances. The walk is 5 to 6 days. You can get a Passport at the Albergue in Leon. Leon is easy to get to from Madrid.

Ultreya,
Joe

Most read last week in this forum