• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Best way Rome to SJPDP

max44

Time of past OR future Camino
13th April 2013 leaving. SJPDP via Rome
Hi all
Does anyone know the best way from Rome to SJPDP.
Train is first option or air.
My travel agent is not sure on which trains to use to get, transfer, where etc
I said I would ask
Thanks

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Friends of mine found a cheap flight to Paris then a cheap flight to Bayonne/Biarritz airport after a day sightseeing in Paris. Might not be the most obvious solution, but it worked out cheaper and simpler in their case.
Margaret

Another option could be via plane to Barcelona and then onwards by train to Pamplona (with AVE high speed change in Zaragoza or slower direct train) followed by taking a bus to Roncesvalles/SJPdP (I read elsewhere on this forum that Pamplona-SJPdP busses run from April onwards).

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Max 44

By train ,the easiest way is the sleeper from Rome to Paris and then catch a TGV at your leisure to Bayonne. Then its just the branch line to SJPdP.

You can do it via Genoa and Nice but it is a bit of a pain with a lot of changes.

Details on seat61.com for Rome-Paris-Bayonne.

C

Most read last week in this forum