• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Biarritz to Roncesvalles tomorrow

NomadBoomer

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances ( 2017, 2018,Aug 2023) Vdlp (2018)
Due to 4 hour Ryanair delay I missed my flight from Dublin to Biarritz today 22/08/23. My mate caught the flight and will walk tomorrow.
I've booked a flight early tomorrow and would like to travel to Roncesvalles tomorrow to catch up with him
Any suggestions on the best option?
Cheers Paul

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
If you can make it, there is a bus at 13:45 from St.Jean to Roncesvalles.

Other than Taxi, i don't see many other options.

Hi Paul

Someone else may come along with better suggestion. From what I can see the easiest is to go from Biarritz airport to Bayonne station (less than 10 kms) and take the train to SJPP. Check which ones are running as there are a couple of cancellations tomorrow. From SJPP the bus to Roncesvalles.

Ooops @Anhalter has just mentioned the bus as well.

Edit to add. SNCF site showing train from Bayonne to SJPP tomorrow at 12.35 arriving 13.40pm. Cutting it fine for 13.45 bus. Earlier train is from Bayonne is 8.52am. If your flight is early enough, that would be a good one.

Or contact / book with Express Bourricot who will likely be picking up from Biarritz airport tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Good luck - I hope you get to the starting gate in good heart tomorrow.

You'll catch up with your friend - and make many more along the Way!

Buen Camino.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Thanks to the advice here. I managed to catch up with my friend at Roncesvalles.
Express Bourricot from Biarritz airport got me to Sjpdp in plenty of time to catch the 1:45 coach to Roncesvalles. It goes between Sjpdp and Pamplona.
The bus stop is not very obvious. It's almost opposite hotel restaurant des ramparts.

Most read last week in this forum