• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Bikes on La Ruta

Houltt

Time of past OR future Camino
Ruta de la Lana
Does anybody have information on which sections will be difficult for hybrids?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I did the Ruta two years ago on a hybrid pushbike, a Rockrider ST520 from Decathlon. The entire route was no problem for the bike ... some roughish trails, steep in the mountains, easy to lose the trail at times. But no real problems for a hybrid bike.

Thank you very much indeed, you have made my day, well month really!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
If I may add, the Ruta is superb, unforgettable; and while it's a bit tough for walkers, it's perfect for bikes, with the added range and extra load they provide.

A quick search threw up this. Reckon if someone can walk it, you can ride it, push it, hike-a-bike it.

Camino looks good so I'll add it to to my to-do list.

Richard

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum