• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Ruta de la LANA List of Albergues?

Freewalker

Time of past OR future Camino
Many and lots more to come.
Hello everyone ! I do hope all are well and planning their next Camino as I am trying to do for October/ November. I am researching and end up down MANY rabbit holes --- ahhh the joy of Camino planning. Perhaps a touch of ADD though lol..
Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone have an up to date/recent list of albergues from Alicante/ Villajoyosa to Burgos ?
Is there a ton of road walking on La Lana ? Would mid Oct to mid Nov be a good time to walk ? Is it well signposted with flechas ?
I have walked a few Caminos and have never found the need for GPS tracks etc... However, I do use them on long treks in the wilderness in western Canada. Do I need wikilocks tracks if not a well marked route ?
Many thanks
M

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi, Freewalker,

Welcome to the Lana rabbit hole, there is a lot of info here, especially the good planning thread done in covid confinement. It’s in two parts, started and managed by @VN, hope you’ve seen it.

The Cuenca amigos association is a good go-to place, they have a guide that works with QR codes- http://www.decuencaasantiago.es/Nuestras-Fotograf-as/

I would recommend using wikiloc tracks, there are a bunch of places where we wouldn’t have known which way to go, but some people resist the tracks and have made it out alive. :p Just depends on personal preferences.

I walked in May and the weather was great. The drought was particularly apparent in southern Spain, so who knows what the fall will be. In terms of road walking, there is of course some, but I wouldn’t say it has a high road percentage at all. Lots of ag tracks, lots of trails. I think @filly‘s live reports are the most recent, he was through earlier this year.

You are unlikely to meet any others, but it is IMHO a beautiful camino. Lots of great little detours, too - to Roman ruins (particularly Clunia), restored monasteries (San Pedro de Arlanza), visigothic church in Quintanillas de las Viñas..

From Santo Domingo de Silos, consider taking the San Olav “backwards” to Burgos, it’s a very nice route.

Buen camino, Laurie

Hi Laurie-hope all is well with you ?!! Thank you thank you for your quick response. I've seen a few lists and of course your wonderful long post of the Lana but not VN's part 1 -2 ? Should I be looking in the resources section or under the Lana route section ? I find this site confusing at the best of times and never seem to get back to where I started lol....any links you have at your fingertips would be very helpful. Thanks for your help and time.
Cheers
M

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Buen camino, @Freewalker! Has it really been 5 years since we met in Almería?!

For the Lana threads, here’s part 1 (To Cuenca). And here’s part 2 (Cuenca to Burgos).

@filly had a live thread recently.

I think you will really enjoy this camino. Hopefully the weather will cooperate!
Thank you ! Yes it has ! Oh my I would love to walk the Mozarabe again from Almeria. So far my favourite is -- to Granada. I walked from Malaga last October and loved it although endless olive groves and VERY hot indeed !
A friend wants me to join her in northern Italy at the end of the month to walk the VF, but have walked the VF from Lucca to Roma.
The Madrid or Lana really appeals to me. I like the solitude and adore Spain although I haven't walked in France yet ....
Oh also I must say that the heating coil we chatted about last year is fantastic, I no longer bring my stove or have to buy Campinggaz canisters. I don't know why I didn't embrace this gadget earlier in my Caminos...
Cheers
Mary

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.