• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Concrete on Ruta de Lana

DTCamino

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Madrid 2023
Having just completed the Camino de Madrid and the reduced concrete/road walking that was involved (1st day excluded), I’d like to walk another route with less concrete like the Madrid. The posted videos seem to indicate a fair amount the first 4-5 days on the Lana.

How much concrete or road walking did people notice on the Ruta de Lana?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Having just completed the Camino de Madrid and the reduced concrete/road walking that was involved (1st day excluded), I’d like to walk another route with less concrete like the Madrid. The posted videos seem to indicate a fair amount the first 4-5 days on the Lana.

I know it wasn't your question. I haven't walked the Lana.
Have you walked the VdlP? Generally great walking surfaces.

We walked the Lana last year. There’s a little bit of road walking - small back roads - as you walk out of Alicante on the first day. After that it was mainly on rural paths except when you reached a small town or village.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I've walked the Lana from Alicante to Cuenca and besides the day leaving Alicante I don't remember lots of concrete. Are you sure that they weren't talking about the Levante? The first 3-4 days from Valencia are definitely on concrete.
I've walked that same section, about 12 days or so. My recollection is similar.. little road walking apart from the outskirts of Alicante, and in and out of towns.. and zero other pilgrims!

To be honest if you’re planning to walk in early Spring or Winter I think the mud could be more of an issue than concrete.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I've walked the Lana from Alicante to Cuenca and besides the day leaving Alicante I don't remember lots of concrete. Are you sure that they weren't talking about the Levante? The first 3-4 days from Valencia are definitely on concrete.
Probably just the person filming their walk took a lot of footage on concrete. It seemed like about day 4-5 in their videos they were finally filming dirt paths so I wanted to get feedback of those that have done the walk. Thanks for the info!

I've walked that same section, about 12 days or so. My recollection is similar.. little road walking apart from the outskirts of Alicante, and in and out of towns.. and zero other pilgrims!
Perfect, thanks!

We walked the Lana last year. There’s a little bit of road walking - small back roads - as you walk out of Alicante on the first day. After that it was mainly on rural paths except when you reached a small town or village.
Great, thanks!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back