• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Biking from Chaves Portugal to Santiago

Ttiger1978

Time of past OR future Camino
From Verin Spain
My wife and I will be biking from Chaves Portugal to Santiago starting June 13th. Would possibly like to go to Finnstere if possible. I'm confused on the routes and Albuquerque to stay in along the way. Is there a good resource that covers that route? Also how many days should this take us? We are a pretty fit couple in our late 30s. I would like to go the whole way to Finnstere if possible but we have limited time as we are visiting with her family while in Chaves Portugal. Also as far as bike rental companies we are going to use Bike Iberia. Has anyone experienced them before and what are the recommendations. Any help would be very much appreciated as I am getting a bit nervous not knowing certain details. Thank You in advance.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi.

The route you are taking is called the "Caminho do Interior". I've done this by bike from Vila Real.
Any particulars, I'd be glad to help.
Check the Interior Route section on the Portuguese caminho main page in this forum.
This is not a very well known camino and not very used. There is not so much formal information out there.
After you reach Verín it merges with the V
ia de la Plata, so you'll find plenty of info for the rest of the route.

Most read last week in this forum