• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Bilbao to SSJP?

hgal

Time of past OR future Camino
Fall 2016
I saw a link to a bus/ ride share here somewhere but can't seem to find it now. There are 4 of us traveling in September and think this might be the best option. Any thoughts on who I might contact about this? Or if there is a better option, please let me know!
Thanks!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
PESA bus from Bilbao Loiu Airport to Donostia/San Sebastian.

If you arrive late take local bus from airport to Bilbao Termibus

Then take ALSA bus from Bilbao to San Sebastian.

Depending on your timings:

From San Sebastian outdoor bus station located at Plaza Pio XII

PESA bus from Donostia/San Sebastian to Place de Basques Bayonne; or,

CONDA (ALSA) bus from San Sebastian to either SJPdP via Pamplona or TGV Bayonne (which I believe but have not confirmed is ALSA description for Gare de Bayonne) (note last bus to SJPdP leaves Pamplona at 1730); or,

Metro Donostialdea from San Sebastian Amara to Hendaia. Amara is located about 700 meters from Plaza Pio XII. Hendaia is colocated with Gare d'Hendaye.

From Hendaye

SNCF train from Hendaye to Bayonne; or,

Transports64 bus 816 'Euskadi Express' from Hendaye to Place de Basques.

From Bayonne

Place de Basques is located about 1 km from Gare de Bayonne. Walk or take local Chronoplus bus.

Take SNCF TER 62 train from Bayonne to SJPdP (note last train usually leaves 1806 (or 2110 on Sunday)).

And if none of this works out try Private Hire Taxi: Express Bourricot who will pick up by prearrangement (if available) from Hendaye or Bayonne.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most read last week in this forum